South Africa - November, critique my plan.

Soldato
Heading to South Africa in November, and looking for some help/critique of my plan. We love eating out, cocktails, beer, wine, nature, seafood, and moderate hikes. I've already got the safari booked, and flights booked, but just want to see if there's any opinion on my other plans. Welcome to hear about hotel recommendations, etc. I'm pretty set on the first week or so, which will be Cape Town and then Stellenbosch/Franschoek. But, I'm a bit muddled with what to do afterwards. I think I want to see some of the Garden Route but not really sure where and if I should be booking hotels in advance etc. Hotel budget is £200 max, per night. But, would prefer a few cheaper ones, and then splurge for Camps Bay & a nice night in wine country.

So, any tips on the below? Any good hotel tips? Particularly keen on nice ones in vineyards!

Tuesday 21st November - Sunday 24th November.
Stay in Cape Town. Looking at the 'Cape Heritage Hotel' as it seems like a great deal, and good location. Plan to just see the city, hike Lions Head and Table Mountain, Robben Island, Botanical Gardens, Bo Kaap, Cape Point, Boulders Beach, etc.

Monday 25th November
Drive to Franschoek/Stellenbosch. Stay somewhere near here.

Tuesday 26th November
Franschoek Wine Tram.

Wednesday 27th November
Relax (hangover) in wine country.

Thursday 28th - Saturday 30th November
Garden Route area. Maybe start at Harmanus, hopefully see some whales. Then move onto Wilderness for some canoeing. Perhaps stay at Plettenberg Bay. I'd like to do the bungee jump at Bloukrans bridge.

Sunday 1st December
Get back to Cape Town, and stay at Camps Bay (probably drive. Did think about flying back from George but think it's easier to drive).

Monday 2nd December
Flights booked to Skukuza for Safari. All the rest of this trip is planned. (Fly to Skukuza, 3 nights there and then fly back home from Jo'Burg).

@dlockers @Diddums - Hoping your local knowledge can help! But, welcome anyone...

Last edited:
I really hope that dLockers isn't a saffer, I'd renounce my safferness immediately.

I'll have a proper read later, on the road atm.

Back
Top Bottom