Sovol SV08

Soldato
I am quite interested in one of these myself, we've got a mix of Bambu's at work these days and while they are excellent and simply just get the job done I can't help but feel I want something with a little more volume at home, having klipper to play with appeals greatly as well. I already see people replacing fans with nocta stuff to make them quieter, we shall have to see how I do on the premium bonds next month :D

Associate
price is good and idea is nice.. but its more for people who want to tinker with it.
Sovol is not doing a good job with out of the box experience

Soldato
Im going to buy the SV08 when they start selling them here as it should be a nice upgrade over my SV06+ with the slightly bigger and non-moving bed. Plus I might buy it with the enclosure aswel because it looks well smart with the panels and it will deaden the fan noise a bit

price is good and idea is nice.. but its more for people who want to tinker with it.
Sovol is not doing a good job with out of the box experience
All the video reviews Ive seen has been really good and printer works straight out of the box.. Sovol cant make the printers fast enough as everyone has gone crazy for this printer.... heres a post from sovol a few days ago.

Dear all customers:
We are pushing very hard on sv08, and since it's the first corexy printer we have ever built, we need to balance the quality and quantity; thank you so much for the waiting!
Regarding the shipping order statute, even though we have many printers finished assembly, we need more time to test them, so there are not many printers in the local warehouse temporarily as we do not want to rush. However, still, hundreds of them are on the boat already right now.
The first 5 minutes of an open sale get hundreds of orders, so even if you order in the first 2 minutes, there are still hundreds of people ahead of you. I am sorry to leave you all waiting;
We will try our best to fulfill your orders.
❤

Last edited:
Associate
All the video reviews Ive seen has been really good and printer works straight out of the box.. Sovol cant make the printers fast enough as everyone has gone crazy for this printer.... heres a post from sovol a few days ago.
everybody agrees that it has issues with z offset. its not using its hardware correctly.

Soldato
everybody agrees that it has issues with z offset. its not using its hardware correctly.
A few reviews say that the nozzle isn't low enough to the bed and the z offset needs changing, but thats the same with any printer nowadays?.. Yeah I know its all automatic even the z offset is automatic, but the automatic levelling etc will never perfect and some things you will have to fine tune yourself. But thats not really a printer issue or a bug is it?

No idea what Sovol is like for updates but I can't see it being an issue for long, my main concern of the thing is noise.

Yeah apparntly the cooling fan is really noisy, but I print at about 50% of the printers speed as I want the print quality tobe decent. So I wont need the cooling fan at 100% if Im printing slowly, plus with the enclosure upgrade option it will make things even quieter....... But apparntly the power supply fan is quite loud though:mad:

Last edited:
Associate
I understand what you are saying but...
Hardware is there.. So they could fix it. That is the problem. Most of users report that the Z offset is not saving as well.

I'm still thinking about it. It's either the sovol or I am building a voron :)

Soldato
I understand what you are saying but...
Hardware is there.. So they could fix it. That is the problem. Most of users report that the Z offset is not saving as well.

I'm still thinking about it. It's either the sovol or I am building a voron :)

A lot of manufacture are just starting copying the bambo lab's ams 4colour system. Anycubic is shipping their version of the 4colour system , the Kobra 3 with the Ace Pro and it looks and sounds really good for just over £550.... But Im going to wait a litte longer in hope they will bring out a bigger version of the printer a few months later.. And if they do, it should be the perfect printer combo for me..

Last edited:
Soldato
Heh, if there isn't already a multicolour system for klipper based printers there will be soon, I'm in two minds over this one, on one hand I really like the build volume, on the other hand I really like the ease of use with bambu printers, but then there is nothing stopping me from printing stuff on the work machines when I want to and getting the SV08 as something that can cope with bigger prints. Only got to wait until Tuesday to see if Ernie is good to me at which point I may just jump in. However if bambu launched a larger format printer with AMS for reasonable money I'd probably jump straight in.

Soldato
Heh, if there isn't already a multicolour system for klipper based printers there will be soon, I'm in two minds over this one, on one hand I really like the build volume, on the other hand I really like the ease of use with bambu printers, but then there is nothing stopping me from printing stuff on the work machines when I want to and getting the SV08 as something that can cope with bigger prints. Only got to wait until Tuesday to see if Ernie is good to me at which point I may just jump in. However if bambu launched a larger format printer with AMS for reasonable money I'd probably jump straight in.

The Anycubic Kobra 3 printers are klipper based, and theres motors in the Ace Pro 4colour system box so its sooo easy to feed filament through the box and up into the print head as the Ace Pro automatically feeds the filament to the printhead for you.. Plus changing the nozzle on the Kobra 3 is as quick and easy like on the Bambu Lab A1 too..

But like I say Anycubic should be making larger versions of the Kobra 3 in about 2-3months time, like they have done with all there other Kobra series printers...

Last edited:
Associate
i am pretty sure we will see some more klipper base multifilament systems.. but i am not sure why we are talking about this in SV08 topic :)
this printer has a lot going for it.. we will see. Once more people have this we will see how good it actually is

Soldato
i am pretty sure we will see some more klipper base multifilament systems.. but i am not sure why we are talking about this in SV08 topic :)
this printer has a lot going for it.. we will see. Once more people have this we will see how good it actually is
I was totally going to buy the SV08 until a few days ago when someone said that manufactures are starting copying the Bambu Labs AMS colour system and to be honest its about blumming time, because a bit of competition is soooo heathly as it brings prices down and ruffles up some feathers...

So far Its Creality with the K2, Anycubic with the Kobra 3 and Phrozen with the Arco that have all got onto the AMS colour clone/copying band wagon of the Bambu Lab's ... So if your in the market for a new printer, I would hold on for a few months before buying another 1-colour 3D printer because they might become a thing of the past pretty soon... I have even found this for the SV08, but cant find much info about it........
0qkKCPB.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato

Last edited:
Soldato

Ah I might still buy the sv08 if I can convert it into multi colour printer and works flawlessly. But with being in a wheelchair I will need to mount the filament feeds on the side instead of the back and have 2 filament dryer boxes that holds 2 spools per box at the side of the printer on the table, because having the spool holders mounted at the top of the printer will make it hard for me to change spools.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom