Sovol SV08

Heck, Sovol are like a breath of fresh air compared to Bambu, emailed support about a replacement nozzle for PLA yesterday morning, took them 4 minutes to respond and then they chased me again this morning as I hadn't had the chance to respond.

EDIT: and in the time it took me to write this having sent them the details requested and coming straight here I've already got a tracking number back, lol.

Last edited:
It looks like they do...but new things keep popping up.
No tempered glass as advertised.
On the SV08? That's a good trick as it has no glass at all, unless you're talking about the optional enclosure? Not seen that at all, got a link?

I added screenshot of the post. I can't find it in the group. I think this was deleted..
7NJH8TW.png

Yeah... Don't get me wrong I am not hating.. I was really looking into buying sv08.
But it looks like they didn't got the basics right. :(
Just remember you are seeing the vocal minority online, the SV-08 has been pretty solid for me so far and nothing major has reared it's head yet.

i am fully aware about the negative bias. That is why I am asking for your experience.
Some people also buy 3dprinters thinking its just slice and print and are not able to do the learning required.

Yes, that's fair. The only real issue I have with it after the couple of months of having it is that it does need the z-offset calibrating a lot which is an annoyance.

Any idea why that is?
There are many reasons being blamed for it, I've not really looked into it all that much as it's only a minor hassle to adjust, I'm sure that when somebody actually comes up with a definitive reason for it I'll happily sort it out then.

There are many reasons being blamed for it, I've not really looked into it all that much as it's only a minor hassle to adjust, I'm sure that when somebody actually comes up with a definitive reason for it I'll happily sort it out then.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm trying to talk my boss into getting a couple of new printers for work, we do need the larger bed space so Bambu printers are out, these look ideal but if I recommend it and it's not any good I'll never hear the end of it lol.
They would be replacing 2 sidewinder X1 printers so I guess nowadays anything is an upgrade on them.

Bambu have a new printer coming next year which is supposed to have a bugger volume amongst other unseen features, it is going to be a flagship model though so it wont be anywhere near as cheap as the Sovol.

Back
Top Bottom