Space Shuttle Discovery Launch

Associate
Well, we went and watched Discovery launch whilst I was in Florida. An AMAZING experience to witness...it was a post sunset launch and something I'll not forget in a hurry!

A couple of shots below but there are more, along with a more detailed write up in my blog article, here.

Lift off
3387878114_c2e7d28287_o.jpg

Discovery cuts through the last high up rays of sunlight, casting a beam of shadow across the air.
3387069661_2fce25743b_o.jpg

The two solid rocket boosters detach from discovery
3387878244_c1edf1f053_o.jpg

:)

You are so lucky to have seen this, we had tickets for the orginal Launch on the 12th of Feb. Gutted I didn't see it. :( Great photo's but they depress me. :)

Looks like they were taken in Titusville? Did you goto spaceview park or is that from elsewhere?

Fantastic pictures!

We were at coco beach years ago and saw something take off, think I remember seeing in the paper a satellite, but great to watch.

Can i be the spanner in the works?

Yes it IS a spectacular event. But are the photos are really THAT good?.

Photo#2 could be a firework
Photo#3 could be a firework cropped

I'm sure everyone here adores your photos. but it's just what i feel.....

Albert

Thats a bit harsh albert, I'm no photographer but I think there really good. How are you supposed to take better pictures of something doing 17500? mph 1000's of feet in the air.

Nope that's fair enough (despite the subtle sarcasm about everyone adoring my photos;) ). Web sized doesn't help with that as the Nasa building is a bit lost in the second shot!

To each their own :)

The photographer has taken photos of a once in a lifetime event, i agree. It's probably a photo opportunity i will never have.

However, if you did not know that photo 2 and 3 where the space shuttle what would you think the photo was?

If i was there i would taken HD video of the event as the photos don't give it justice.

Last edited:
Can i be the spanner in the works?

Yes it IS a spectacular event. But are the photos are really THAT good?.

Photo#2 could be a firework
Photo#3 could be a firework cropped

I'm sure everyone here adores your photos. but it's just what i feel.....

Albert

When I first looked at the thread I thought it was some good shots but nothing to make me go WOW but after readying Richards Blog and realising this is nearly 9 miles away I now have to say WOW.

Nope that's fair enough (despite the subtle sarcasm about everyone adoring my photos;) ). Web sized doesn't help with that as the Nasa building is a bit lost in the second shot!

To each their own :)

I've read your blog a few times now and find it a great read and some excellent information on kit used in the real word. Keep up the good work and well done on your magazine article also :)

Thanks Willis, appreciated. I'm actually printing the second shot up as it looks nice large res with that tiny Nasa building (which is actually HUGE) giving the image a big scale...but, it's that shadow cast across the sky that makes it memorable for me as I've never seen anything like that before!

Thanks Willis, appreciated. I'm actually printing the second shot up as it looks nice large res with that tiny Nasa building (which is actually HUGE) giving the image a big scale...but, it's that shadow cast across the sky that makes it memorable for me as I've never seen anything like that before!

I love the Light reflecting off the ocean picture on your blog really lights up the sea and kind of puts in to perspective how powerful the sun is considering how far it is away (hope that makes sense). ;)

Back
Top Bottom