Spartak Moscow - Racist Tweets

Don
Don
Not used to locker room banter?

Shouldn’t be aired in public though. Plus Russia, so yeah.
Even if we take this giant leap and believe that these players were happy being called chocolates by their teammates, this was not locker room banter. This was a message for the whole world to see in which black people have been labelled as 'chocolates'.

Don
Even if we take this giant leap and believe that these players were happy being called chocolates by their teammates, this was not locker room banter. This was a message for the whole world to see in which black people have been labelled as 'chocolates'.
Not used to locker room banter then?

Shouldn’t have been aired in public though. And Russia, so yeah.

Don
Not used to locker room banter then?

Shouldn’t have been aired in public though. And Russia, so yeah.
:confused:

Why are you automatically assuming that these players are happy to be called chocolate for a start? Secondly how is it locker room banter being aired in public? When you're calling 3 black players chocolates based purely on their skin colour and putting out a message saying "See how chocolates melt in the sun" you're basically labelling all black people as 'chocolates'. If this were a specific insult/nickname for a player that might not be pc then fair enough but this is a general term that's being used for a group of players simply because of their skin colour and when it's said to the world, it's aimed at all black people.

Don
:confused:

Why are you automatically assuming that these players are happy to be called chocolate for a start? Secondly how is it locker room banter being aired in public? When you're calling 3 black players chocolates based purely on their skin colour and putting out a message saying "See how chocolates melt in the sun" you're basically labelling all black people as 'chocolates'. If this were a specific insult/nickname for a player that might not be pc then fair enough but this is a general term that's being used for a group of players simply because of their skin colour and when it's said to the world, it's aimed at all black people.
Why are you automatically assuming it’s racist (ok it is Russia but still), but whoever filmed this and posted it was part of the training so presumably part of the team rather than some random media punk in an office.

I’ve heard a lot worse in team type situations, and in most cases it’s nothing to do with race but in some cases it is because anything goes.

As I said, it should never have been posted publically.

Don
Why are you automatically assuming it’s racist (ok it is Russia but still), but whoever filmed this and posted it was part of the training so presumably part of the team rather than some random media punk in an office.

I’ve heard a lot worse in team type situations, and in most cases it’s nothing to do with race but in some cases it is because anything goes.
Why am I assuming that using a racist term to describe 3 black people is racist? Surely that's a fair assumption to make, it's the opposite that needs some sort of evidence to prove.

And I agree that groups of friends can say terrible things to each other without meaning any harm but you'd have to be a monumental ****wit to think it's ok to share these things with the entire world unless of course you think calling black people chocolates is ok.

edit: and just to back up my point about this guy needing to be a monumental ****wit. Spartak have been already been under the spotlight for allegations of racism in the Youth Champions League thing. To post that you'd have to be as thick as pigs **** unless he believed it's ok to call back people chocolates.

Back
Top Bottom