Speaker Help

Associate
Heya

My current set up is 10 cm caliber speakers in the front and 17 components in the back

I got a 2 chanel MTX amp running a 10" MTX sub and i also got a 4 channel MTX amp which is curretly just running the rears and it would be to much power for the fronts,

Im happy with my amps, Sub and my head unit atm but i want to change both my front and rear speakers.

I can fit a set of 13 components in the front and 17's in the back but all these different speakers confuse me.

I was looking through car audio direct and was baffled about which to buy.

I can afford to spend around £200 for the rears and £200 for the fronts maybe a bit more.

You guys got any recomendations, I like a lot of bassy music such as r&b and happy hardcore, so performace from the speakers and reliablilty is on the top of my list atnm.

Thanks
Chris

Soldato
That budget I would be looking at DLS, Rainbow, Genesis, Boston Acoustics. Comes down to personal preference really, but I would probably go for DLS or Rainbow. You should be able to get some very nice speakers for £400. I would also consider spending £100 or so on sound deadening for the doors.

What power is the amp rated at? The RMS rating if you know it.

Associate
OP
Ok my car is in the garadge getting the track rod ends replaced atm so ill look for the rms power rating when i go to pick it up.

Also what is sound deadening?

Last edited:
Soldato
Freedom said:
Also what is sound deadening?

It goes on the doors, boot, floor and roof(if you are a total SQ nut but most normal people just do the doors and boot) to reduce vibartions and road noise and it also stops the sound from getting out :)

I would spend as much as possible on the front speakers and run them from your amp. If you must have rear speakers keep you current ones and run them from the headunit :)

Soldato
The only problem with just getting front speakers is that they are only 13cm. if you could fit 17cm ones in the front with a bit of modification then that's the route I would go down as well.

Still, a single, decent set of 13s might be enough if you can give them enough power :)

Associate
what car is it? if i was spending that kind of money i would go the the effort of modifying the door cards to fit 17cm speakers and tweeters on the dash/a-posts. if you dont install the kit properly it will soundno better than cheaper kit.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom