Speaker system for XBox 360 - suggestions?

HTP-GS1.jpg

If I didn't have my most awesome surround kit I have now this is what I would have got. Think it will be about £300 though.

Kainz said:
I wanted that but when I saw the OTT price tag, I changed my mind. Better off with a proper amp/bookshelf speaker setup for that much.

I wouldn't say it was OTT for a 5.1 system though. You wouldn't really get much better if you bought a amp and 5.1 speakers for £300. IMO of course.

I'd guess at £300 you'd be in a transition of very good quality PC speakers to average quality surround amp + speakers. I've found in the past that an average amp + speaker setup is much better than a topend PC speaker setup, but they'll be quite similar at that price I think.

Kreeeee said:
Mine pop though :(

Not sure if any surge protectors would stop it.

No makes no difference, I have mine on one. They pop when a decent draw is made anywhere in my house. Such as my wife getting in the shower or the boiler sparking up.

Its weird but it used to pop quite loudly but after reading a few forums I was told to check the control box connection, discinnect and re fit it. It now pops but no where near as loudly.

ah but the same interference appears on tv reception (fuzzy lines on analogue, broken squares with a digital signal) and also effects the radios in the house too with a loud buzzing/crackling kind of noise.

It's very wierd & has somehow continued to plague me after 15 years living here & a new boiler last year (thus ruling out a crap boiler :p)

so a bit of a silly question but can u just use the z5500 on the 360 via optical ? so no pc is required.
And also do they have inputs for a tv aswell ? so they can be used for both ?

Thanks
XD-3

Support up to 7 simultaneous devices, including 2 optical inputs, 1 co-ax digital input and an auxiliary MP3 player input.

Do they come with them 2 optical cables? :p

I lost the one that came with my PS2, and thats nowhere near long enough anyway.

XD-3 said:
so a bit of a silly question but can u just use the z5500 on the 360 via optical ? so no pc is required.
And also do they have inputs for a tv aswell ? so they can be used for both ?

Thanks
XD-3

Yep :)

What output does your TV have?

There are plenty of inputs on these speakers so have a wee look what you have :)

Hey guys, I didn't want to create a whole new thread so I decided to bump this one.

I'm thinking of buying a set of the Logitech Z-5500's tomorrow and I was just wondering about the speaker wire lengths. I hear that the sub wire to the 'console' have a 'shortish' wire, how short are we talking? My room isn't at all that big but I'd imagine I need the wire to be about 4/5 meters or so.

Also, because the sub isn't shielded..would placement next to some other speakers be an issue? The speakers in question are shielded so I would have thought not but I want to be sure.

Any info appreciated :)

spr33ness said:
Hey guys, I didn't want to create a whole new thread so I decided to bump this one.

I'm thinking of buying a set of the Logitech Z-5500's tomorrow and I was just wondering about the speaker wire lengths. I hear that the sub wire to the 'console' have a 'shortish' wire, how short are we talking? My room isn't at all that big but I'd imagine I need the wire to be about 4/5 meters or so.

Also, because the sub isn't shielded..would placement next to some other speakers be an issue? The speakers in question are shielded so I would have thought not but I want to be sure.

Any info appreciated :)

console to pod is about, 1.5 meters? they come with a remote, so no need for a long wire.

Psypher5 said:
console to pod is about, 1.5 meters? they come with a remote, so no need for a long wire.

So from the sub to the 'pod' as you call it, it's 1.5 metres? I'm not sure I phrased my last post correctly. By 'console' I meant the thing that all the inputs go into (as you called it, pod). I need to put the sub across the other side of the room so that it's apart from all of my electronics so I'm needing to know how far the cable from the sub to the 'pod' is (if that makes any sense).

spr33ness said:
So from the sub to the 'pod' as you call it, it's 1.5 metres? I'm not sure I phrased my last post correctly. By 'console' I meant the thing that all the inputs go into (as you called it, pod). I need to put the sub across the other side of the room so that it's apart from all of my electronics so I'm needing to know how far the cable from the sub to the 'pod' is (if that makes any sense).

i have my "pod" ontop of my sub, doing no harm to it :) only ever use the remote to alter anything (frequently switch from my 360 to pc to mp3 player)

Back
Top Bottom