Spec Check - £1K-£1.2K Build

Soldato
Hi all,

I am looking to build a relatively budget PC approx. £1-1.2K and it would be great to get some feedback on this.

This is the spec list I have put together so far, with my main requirements.
  • Quiet mid sized build
  • Provide some level of future proofing/upgradability.
  • Able to play most games at 1440p (I have GeforceNow as well which I would be looking to keep)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor (£179.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory (£123.98 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (£113.98 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Video Card: MSI VENTUS 2X BLACK OC GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB Video Card (£273.98 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: NZXT H5 Flow (2022) ATX Mid Tower Case (£82.98 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair RM650 (2023) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Current total approx. £1050

Thanks!

Last edited:
Last edited:

Thanks micky, this looks great and definitely happy to push to the top end.

Couple of thoughts..

I had upgraded to the B650E chipset on the motherboard to gain PCIe5.0 and again some level of future proofing. Do you think this would be of benefit still as I see you have changed to B650 I think?

From a quiet build perspective are these a good choice of components? Including the case or do I need to pick some case fans as well?

Thanks micky, this looks great and definitely happy to push to the top end.

Couple of thoughts..

I had upgraded to the B650E chipset on the motherboard to gain PCIe5.0 and again some level of future proofing. Do you think this would be of benefit still as I see you have changed to B650 I think?

From a quiet build perspective are these a good choice of components? Including the case or do I need to pick some case fans as well?
If you can stretch further then I would get a pcie5 motherboard like the one you suggested as it does give you options further down the line but budget dictates.

Stretch to £1300 and get what you want :D

As for noise it's best to check reviews of components and check other models in the same price point but squeezing in the 4070 super gonna give you solid 1440p gaming compared to the 4060.

You can alsoset a fan curve for cooler and gpu .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom