Spec me 2 TVs (55" and 77")

Soldato
Hi all,

Needing 2 new TVs, one for a dark living room, wanting around 77", and the other for a large well lit family/dining area, and looking for around 55" for that.

Total budget ideally would be around £2k.

I've looked in the rtings website, and now I want an LG G3. Convince me I don't need one?

Thanks!

Associate
2k for both = buying crap.

77" for a dark living room - OLED. 2k doesn't buy a brand new 77" OLED. I would not consider anything but an OLED at this size/darkness. LCD just does not compare, not matter what the fan boys chirp at you.

Need to up the budget to 4-5k.

The 55" can be an LCD. ~1k would be fine. Plenty of used OLEDs in this price range though... Sony prob do the best cheap LCD

(LCD is a waste of money in reality)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the useful info, that's good to know. When it comes to TVs I genuinely have no idea!

How does the LG A1 OLED fair? I can pick one of these up new for £1.4k

*edit, sorry that price seems to be for a refurbished model.

Last edited:
Associate
AVF weren't massively impressed with it. Got 7/10 I think.

1500 buys a used 77" but there is a fair bit of hassle in having to view/collect. You need a small van minimum as they box is pretty hefty in size.

Soldato
I'd save up and go for the 77" G3, I have the 65" and use a 48" as a monitor (earlier year) and both are fantastic, as far as I am aware the "A" versions are not 120Hz and therefore not as good if you plan on gaming etc on it.

Soldato
2k might get you a 65 inch OLED and then you could easily find a cheap LCD for £500 in 55 inch. The LCD won't be great at that price point, but for a kitchen/dining area will be acceptable.

Associate
Hi all,

Needing 2 new TVs, one for a dark living room, wanting around 77", and the other for a large well lit family/dining area, and looking for around 55" for that.

Total budget ideally would be around £2k.

I've looked in the rtings website, and now I want an LG G3. Convince me I don't need one?

Thanks!
I wanted a 55 OLED, went away researched and thought i wanted a C3. Went and physically looked at them ended up with a G3. Hope this helps :D

Soldato
If it's a dark living room, at 77" I'd start considering a projector tbh.

A cheap 55" budget job would be good enough for the kitchen surely?

Back
Top Bottom