Spec me : 4G mobile router with ethernet

Don
Due to a mess up by my ISP, I'll be without internet for 8 days :o

I have an unlimited 3 SIM, just need a 4G router with ethernet to connect to my Unifi USG as a secondary link.

Only using it for a week, then it will spend it's life on a shelf.

Don
OP
Ah, that's a cool feature, was going to just use LAN2 and set it as WAN2 on my USG.

New firmware and boot loader downloaded ready :)

Latest firmware is from the 12th Nov, so they seem like they keep on top of updates.

Don
OP
I presume it's all up and running?

I've had mine as fail-over for my VM connection for some time and its surprising how often it kicks in for a while and I am now glad its there when required.

We also get a fair few short power cuts and unlike the VM service, 4G broadband keeps working for us so that's a bonus if using a UPS for home networking kit.

Yup, working well, I get ~30Mbps from it with 3 out of 5 bars of signal. I could put it in the attic for better speed, but I can't be bothered for the day or so left that I need it for.

Certainly more stable than the Huawei mobile hotspot I was using. I can play BFV on it. Plays horribly compared to a 11ms VDSL connection, but it's enough to keep me playing.

Don
OP
Seemed like a solid unit to me. It's on the shelf in work doing nothing now as my connection is all sorted.

You'd need to use dyndns or something unless they are pushing the feed

Don
OP
Did you have any loss in connection during your use and how was it for signal? Read a few reviews with good positive comments but the odd person complaining about it having poor signal, constant connection dropouts and one person saying the build quality of the device was pathetic, cheap electronics etc.

Worked perfectly for me, it didn't drop during 6 hour gaming sessions. Didn't notice any drops at all.

Was on the latest firmware.

Back
Top Bottom