Spec me a 1.5K Gaming Rig

Associate
Ok, so I have decided to go socket 939 instead of waiting for AM2. Will probably upgrade to AM2 next year. Anyways, I want a rig with a budget of £1500, for gaming and for using 3D applications ( a dual core processor is a must for quick render times) I also want a DFI motherboard, no arguments :D I dont need any storage exceeding 500 GB. I like the sound of SLI.. but I will probably will start with one card first and add another later. All help much appreciated :)

Kind Regards

XtAsY

Monstermunch said:
It would help to let us know exactly what to include, TFT, Mouse & KB, PSU, Case etc.

Indeed it would! Silly me :p OK then, I dont need a keyboard, mouse , monitor or case. However I will need a new PSU and of course all the other components. Thanks

Thanks for speccing that rig for me Monstermunch. Will the opteron processor be OK for games do you think?

Lemonkettaz, I will deffinetly look into the AMD X2 4400+, I've had my eye on that for a long time, and since I do have the Gigaworks 7.1 speakers, I suppose it would make sense to get an X-FI card over my current Audigy 2 ZS, but that can always come later and I dont really wan to be over budget right now :rolleyes:

Also guys, please bare in mind I want to play UT2007 with good settings when it fianlly comes out. So if I really have to be pushed right up to my budget, then so be, just not over it ;)

Thanks for all the help so far

Right guys, thanks for all the help. I just want to make it clear, I am not an overclocking fanatic. I dont mind bumping an X2 4400+ up 200MHz to 4800+ speeds, but I dont really want to do anything more extravagant than that. As for the opteron, it sounds cool and all.. and will probably be the better processor for my 3D work that I do.. but I have a feeling the X2 4400+ may be the better processor for me overall. If I was going to OC that opteron seriously to the proclaimed FX 60 speeds, I would most likely need water cooling would I not? The phase change heatsink/fan combo probably wont be enough surely? And watercooling would be an added expense and I could just spend more dosh on better hardware.

Back
Top Bottom