Spec me a AMD system

Associate
Hey guys,

I'm in need of a new system, as my old one has seen better days....

I'm not looking to spend more than £400

The PC will be used for general office stuff, internet & HD video playback, photoshop/lightroom (Editing RAW files).

I have a 128gb SSD drive that can be used in the system for the operating system.

Items I need:

Case (Black) with front USB ports
AMD CPU
Suitable motherboard
Suitable graphics card (HDMI) (Good enough for playing online HD video with good framerate.I also do photo editing)
Blu-Ray / DVD Writer/Reader
8gb memory (That enough??)
2TB HDD for backup
PSU (Not sure what 'W', may do some overclocking in the future?)
Also need windows 7 64bit... which version is best and can you still buy OEM?

Anything else you guys can think of? :)

Many thanks guys :)

Associate
OP
Many thanks for your advice guys - I wasn't aware of the differences between Intel and AMD CPU's.... I thought it was merely down to 'value for money' ?

Would the on-board graphics chip-set be sufficient for what I need?

Thanks

Associate
OP
AsaTDiPCBuild_zps638f8373.png

The motherboard has 4 RAM slots meaning it will be easy to upgrade the RAM if you need more,and the motherboard has VRM cooling.

At least from my experience of Lightroom,RAM quantity and drive speed are very important factors.

Its a shame OcUK don't sell the XFX PRO 450W,as it would be ideal for the build and uses decent parts. The CX430M is the next best alternative available on OcUK unless you go for the Seasonic G 360W. The other 400W+ PSUs in the same price range appear to use worse capacitors.

CAT-THE-FIFTH - I have used this spec - Although i purchased the XFX PSU from a competitor.

I also added another 8GB of memory (same brand) to bring it to 16GB - Also bought a LG Bluray writer from a competitor too :D

Also added on a better CPU cooler and 120mm fans :)

Anything else I need?

Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom