Spec me a Bass guitar

Soldato
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy my first bass guitar. I've learnt guitar for a while but needs must and the band needs a bassisst. Rather than find one, we decided I'd just learn one :p

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to a good one. I'm looking to spend no more than £200ish, although £150 would be more preferable. I've always liked Ibanez, but they're pushing the price a bit :(

So what might you guys recommend? For reference it'll be used to play a mix of funk and hardcore punk.

Soldato
OP
Out of interest, does anyone agree with me to never touch the 'bay for musical instruments, as I found a gsr200 that will come to £154.99 WITH p&p, I'm fairly sure that's a good deal, but I know how many fakes end up on there.

Soldato
OP
Booner! said:
hmm, i sold my old GSR200 at £145

A new one at that price. I would get it from GAK if i was you or similar for about £170-200 is reasonable price to pay.

You would be very happy with that bass, believe me. ;)

K looks like I'll be heading for that one :)

Incidentally brand new from here for £165 with postage, or here for £162ish with postage. Seems good :)

Soldato
OP
HAving never payed attention to our bassist.... is it really necessary to have a bass amp over a regular amp? What's the difference? :( (only my guitar amp is worth close to £200, and I don't really want to hand out the sort of prices they want for a bass amp, they're vastly overpriced! :eek: )

EDIT: Gone to MSN. Anyone else has any input then post :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
SherberT* said:
Don't buy an expensive bass for you first, you'll end up getting a better one anyway.

Bass amps are more expensive than guitar amps because there more awesome.

Since I KNOW I'll end up getting a better one anyway, I see no reason not to just get a good one now :p

As for people's comments on Ibanez or this one, I would still be considering it cos I love Ibanez's :p

Soldato
OP
Well, I took a dive and ordered the Ibanez. If it's terrible, then I'll come crying to you lot :D

Seriously though, it should be good, can't wait for it to get here.... having lessons from my favourite band's bassist as well :D

Soldato
OP
I_Am_Vengeance said:
£150 wasted imo.

So far... in your opinion maybe, not mine :p

Came yesterday (didn't realise it was next day! :o ), and I really like it :p

It's nice and comfortable, and sounds fine to me! ;)

Stupid camera is out of battery, so no pics... it's a dfarekr blue than I realised, but I love the styling... did I mention how comfortable it is to play? :)

Soldato
OP
Well here are a couple of pics... not very good ones, but I wasn't in the mood to set up a good couple of photos... too much effort :p

P2160062.jpg

P2160061.jpg

P2160059.jpg

Personally... I'm loving it more and more :) Taught myself a couple of very easy songs (For Whom the Bell Tolls and The Ballad Of Chasey Lain) in about half an hour earlier. And it still sounds good.... so there!

Back
Top Bottom