Spec me a cheap OBD II tool

Caporegime
Looking for something that'll scan and clear an SRS fault light on my 1999 V70 - triggered it by cleaning under the seat and disconnecting a wire without disconnecting the battery first :o - I've got an iPhone so using that is out (Torque uses android afaik)

Seen plenty on flea bay but quite a few won't work with Ovlovs apparently.

Cheaper the better, any recommendations appreciated. :)

Caporegime
OP
SRS sytems aren't EOBD, so the cheap readers won't do anything.

Ahh, a guy at work has a cheap eBay type one which resets his SRS light, tbh it even lets you mess about with the OBD on Volvo's HGV's (not sure what my employers would say!) he says he got it from eBay but it's got no identification on it whatsoever so identifying which one it is is difficult...

So I'm assuming some must do it but don't know which type....

Try pulling the battery
Tried that overnight, made no difference alas. :/

Caporegime
OP
Could you ask the guy you know at work if you could use his to reset your light ?

But guessing your most likely many hundreds of miles away from each other most of the time with your kind of job..

He's based in Carlisle, I'm in Stoke on Trent unfortunately.

I ended up picking up a DICE clone off ebay. They're not 'cheap' when compared to a generic bluetooth OBD reader and can be a bit fiddly to get up and running and use but short of buying the real thing they're by far the best option for messing with a Volvo.

Don't suppose you've got a link to the one on eBay have you? :)

Back
Top Bottom