Spec me a computer chair!

Soldato
My trusty old chair that i've had for about a decade is ready for the next world so i'm in need of a new one.

Thing is, i have pretty specific needs because of a back problem. In my current chair I recline as far back as possible with my feet up on a stool. I went to staples the other day and none of their chairs recline back far enough. Most of them were really stiff too, I had to actually push my feet from the ground to get it to recline back. They're also all too upright as well, I need a chair with the back at a fairly wide angle.

I know i'm probably being too picky but if anyone can recomend something i'd really appreciate it. My budget is a max of £200.

Thanks.

J86

J86

Associate
a0w19t.jpg

Soldato
http://i38.tinypic.com/a0w19t.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

:D

I've been checking out some chairs from Viking Direct recently - Ever since I saw this chair from another member, it's been on my wish list :p

[url]http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/a/sku%2Fbusiness%2FNiceday-Berlin-High-Back-Leather-Faced-Chair-Cream/pr=Q2H&id=979130/[/url]

But they have quite a few other ones available :)

Man of Honour
I wouldn't worry too much about the chair being stiff when reclining. Have a look under the chair and see if it has a tension knob. If it does, turning that will fix the stiffness.

PS - I broke my old chair by reclining too far. I actually managed to 'tear' the steel plate that connected to the base. :o I suspect most chairs aren't designed to be constantly reclined, so choose with care.

Associate
Soldato
OP
Thanks guys. By the look of it though the two from viking look like the seat backs are too upright. Ideally i need one with a back seat at a more rakish angle.

Man of Honour
Your best bet then would be to eschew the executive chair in favour of a proper operators chair like this one:

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/a/sk...All-Day-Comfort-Chair-Blue/pr=Q2H&id=HBPA-BE/

Don't be fooled by the upright back - the rearmost of the three levers will adjust that. It's also got an inflatable lumbar support and height and tilt adjustment.

Similar to what I have at work. I'll be honest and say I don't find it anywhere near as comfortable as my chair at home (which is the executive type and bought from where you've already looked - they don't do it any more btw), but it'll do you back good.

Last edited:
Soldato
haha you spend nearly a grand on a chair? Seriously...

Beserker, Ive done this with 2 chairs from Argos (surely not considered a competitor). Both were replaced under warranty. Their chairs are flimsy horrible cheap things.

Soldato
My current chair is bad... I'm using a dining room chair with no back support apart from 2 wooden beams in the middle going horizontal :D

Would buy the Viking one I sent but my room is tight for space... very tight.

Back
Top Bottom