spec me a dvd rw pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi,

Not getting any info from the appropiate section so I am posting this here....

I need a new dvd rw drive....

I was thinking about getting a plextor but they are to expensive so whats the next best thing the pioneer 111? I really dont know about dvd rw drives so all help would be appreciated...

I would like it to have a cdr too...

On a seperate note whats DVD RAM am I missing out on a new way of burning???

Also my current nec 3500 got stuck the other day so I inserted a pin into the tiny hole since then Ive had a few coasters....did i break something inside?

All help would be most appreciated

Thanks in advance

Cheers!!!!

With DVD RAM you can have a re-writable disc which you can use without having to finalise it as you would do ordinarily, making it fairly handy for on the fly additions and changes to the contents.

I thought you still had to finalise a DVDRW disc? And I believe you can re-write more times to a DVD RAM disc than a DVD RW, not that many people will ever write that many thousands of times to a disc.

If you use multi-session you dont need to finalise you can keep adding more data and if you use mt rainier you dont need to finalise or format and you can use it like a floppy disk, I find it a lot better than using dvd-ram because no-one else ever has dvd-ram on their pcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom