Spec me a fast box

Associate
Spec me a fast box please !

Hi guys,

Am looking to put together a new system which is fast and quiet. Basically for desktop work but M$ media on it wont hurt as it is faster than xp no gaming tho.

Want a case, mboard, Amdx23800+, fans / cooler, ram, graphics, sata x 2 plus a spare if poss.

My current system was bought right with antec case, enermax power, maxtor hds, and I have swapped mboards in an out as I wanted too, NF7, A7N8,KA266 but the base stayed the same if you know what i mean.

So if you wanted to build a nippy but solid system what would you use ???

Cheers

Stone

Last edited:
Hi

PSU is an enemax 350 not sure of model. Dont really want to use what I have. I dont game m8

Been looking at the Asus spec you did earlier, have left a post on there

stone

Hi

Ok Again :D

Hi guys,

Basically for desktop work but Msoft media/ office on it wont hurt as it is faster than xp NO gaming tho.

Want a case, mboard, Amdx23800+, fans / cooler, ram, graphics, sata x 2 plus a spare if poss.

Hope this is clearer for you.

I have come to this so please comment and help out remembering Media and speed.

Antec SLK3800B
(could go no psu and use my Chieftec HPC-340-201 or is it too old ?)

AMd x2 3800+ cpu

Cooler ?

2 x Hitachi 1Tk250 160 SATA2 ( can I do better ?)

Vantec eazi swap (should I use sata os ide ? )

Asus A8N-VM CSM (This is just a stab need advice ? )

Sorry if my first post wasn't too good :)

Cheers

Stone

Last edited:
Thank you Explicit!!!!

Now thats better, MCE is media centre, I have fiddled and searched to come up with the below what I would like now is for you to improve it with the surplus I have if poss ??

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ (Socket 939) - Retail (ADA3800BVBOX)
£170

GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS2.5 (GE1GB3200BHDC) (MY-005-GL) **this week only**
£57.52

Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 NCQ 160GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (0A31637) £45.

Have a dvdr & cdr

Antec SLK2650BQE Black Quiet Mini Tower Case - 350W SmartPower PSU (CA-051-AN)
£48.12

Gigabyte K8N51GMF-9 nForce 6100 Micro ATX (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-042-GI)
£52.82

This way the total is £418.00 with 2xsata drives

Now I have 100 to play with rounded up where do I use it please (carriage extras I can live with)

Is there a spacific reason you went gigabyte rather than the Asus A8N-VM CSM or was it just price only the Asus has dual vga, again advice would be cool

Stone

Last edited:
Thats cool thank you.

Am left with around a £100 so what do I upgrade on this to gain the most ??

Asus board good/bad ??

stone

Back
Top Bottom