Spec me a folding ebike

Associate
I like the idea of a couple of folding bikes that I can just put in the car boot and go somewhere for a casual bike ride with minimum off roading. I also like the idea of electric pedal assist to give me a boost uphills so wondering if anyone has any advice ?

I’ve looked at the Brompton C line explore electric and these seem ideal but do they have any competitors?

Soldato
Brompton are the gold established standard. No problem with parts or longevity. They are pricey is the only downside. They are the safe option.

Others might be better performing as or cheaper etc. It's a bit of a lottery with long term support. Electroheads on YouTube have tested loads including UK brands.

Associate
I've just bought the UK made estarli 20.7 folding electric bike. Only been out a few times but seems decent so far, and they have a good reputation for support. The price is very competitive too. https://www.estarli.co.uk/products/e20?variant=37335872012482 I've emailed them a couple of times and got replies the same day.

I did look at some of the slightly cheaper Chinese bikes but all reviews all seemed to say if you get a problem then good luck getting parts unless its something generic like chains/tyres etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom