Spec me a general usage laptop (possibly looking at a 11th or 12th Gen i5 CPU, 16gb ram, SSD)

Soldato
Hi all,

Been out of the laptop purchasing market for quite some time . Im not looking to buy new but probably a grade A good condition refurb.

I use Dell Latitudes in work and find them pretty decent.

It will be used for general personal stuff and to use a personal study laptop and spare laptop as my old personal one is years old, old gen processor, no SSD etc.

CPU wise, im looking for something with an i5 11th or 12th Gen processor which can boost to a good speed
RAM wise im looking for 16GB Ram, although if it comes with 8GB and i can upgrade to 16GB, this is fine
SSD is a must
Not fussed on dedicated graphics, it wont be used for gaming.

I am looking to spend around £200-£250 on a good condition used price

I think dell latitudes are a good shout, although it must have a decentish size screen, my current work laptop is a Dell latitude 7430.

Any other manufacturers that are any good in the market at the moment? (HP, Asus ? Acer ? etc) ?

I would stick with Dell. An Inspiron might be another option. There's the Dell Outlet for certified refurbished laptops.

Another option would be Lenovo; their business laptops are pretty reliable too - slightly crap speakers, typically, but otherwise they're worth a look!

My company switched from HP z/elitebooks to Dell precision/latitude machines. There are pros and cons to both but the keyboard is so much better on the HP machines cause they are so much more solidly built.

I think an elitebook 840 g7 might be in budget.

Back
Top Bottom