Spec me a laptop for £1000

Associate
Hey all hope you all had a great Christmas,

I'm looking for a new laptop upto the £1000 range.
I will be using it for graphics design, video editing, web design, programming and I might somewhere down the line dual boot with linux but I can always use a virtual image for that I do like lenovo laptops but there's some nice zenbooks about what are your recommendations? Thanks

Associate
OP
I have been looking g at the Dell G5 i7 GTX 1060 with 1TB HDD and 256 SSD 16GB ram it is a gaming laptop but gives nice specs for the price only downsides are on a review I seen that it does not give the best colour gamma percentages in the mid ranges and I'm looking a couple hours battery life.
Looking for a laptop more round for content creation is new for me but would be nice to have the option to game with also on only the odd ocasion

Associate
OP
Thanks it doesn't really need be a gaming laptop I have my desktop for that and thinking about it making it a gaming laptop makes it a little less portable.

Soldato
Ah in that case Thinkpad range is great they are very durable excellent keyboard and can be upgraded/maintained easily same goes for HP Elitebook range. I am thinking of either getting T480 or Elitebook 830 G5 only issue with the T480 the screen is not very colour accurate on the 1080p screens but battery life is great it has two battery's one can be swapped one.

How intense are the Graphic design programs? do you need a dedicated GPU?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for all the help I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with i7 8th gen 512SSD 8GB ram I'm going to upgrade this to 16GB and Geforce MX130 4GB so far I'm happy.

Soldato
Thanks for all the help I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with i7 8th gen 512SSD 8GB ram I'm going to upgrade this to 16GB and Geforce MX130 4GB so far I'm happy.

Very nice spec whats the thermals/fan noise like?

Back
Top Bottom