Spec Me a MCE

Associate
Guys,

Will be getting an HDTV in the next 2-3 months,

Currently im going to be playing around with MCE on my desktop and hooking it up to my tv but when i get the HDTV i want a half decent box that can sit under my tv.

Looking for a sheek desktop style case(not tower, and perhaps not shuttle size)
Intel based mobo preferably
Intel chip
memory
graphics card (do we have ones that have HDMI output yet?)
2 tv cards (one freeview, the other to hook up to ntl box)
big hard drive

anything else i need?

i want this to be farley future proof, so i dont have to upgrade for up to 2 yrs

will be using my existing dual layer nec burner (i think)

ideas please ;)

squiffy said:
Yup more than good enough, although you might want to use a more efficient/quieter HSF & fan if you just have stock HSF. What's the videocard? Check the optical output passes Dolby Digital & DTS. Since it's a full size ATX board will need a ATX case :p Something like the Silverstone LC20 (and not too expensive) decent airflow with large fans, standard ATX PSU
http://www.silverstone-usa.com/products-lc20.htm

Checkout thier other models

The machine is currently running on the stock HSF, its currently in a coolermaster acs ally tower case with really noisy fans, 500w qtec psu which is on the way out, how will i check if the output passes dolby digital & dts? graphics card is a nvidia GForce 3 ti200 golden sample 128mb,

ok, forget the idea of a new pc, i can save myself a whole load of money using the one i already have,

i have a denon adv-m71 which i think i could use as an amp, but if not, how would the sound get from the pc to the telly?

would i need a different sound card? as the one ive got is 5.1 onboard.....

thanks for all your help guys, this is going to be a good project and should keep it failry cheap...

what tv card do you guys reccomend, dont need freeview as i have all the cable chanells but would perhaps consider a freeview tuner as a secondary tuner........

whats you opinions...

Back
Top Bottom