Spec Me a PC

My mum is wanting a new PC soon for around £1k. She is thinking of buying this thing from a world where the sell pcs (get it, cnt say the actual store) for £1.3k which all it is is just a screen and the hardware is attached on the screen at the back.I am trying to convince her to go with something else, and maybe just let me buy the parts and put it together fro her and make a very good pc for much less money.

Bascially what she wants is for it to be small, possibly the micro ATX i think ther called, and for it to be silent as possible, if not dead silent. I will be a media pc however she does play the latest games like sims2 so it will nedd to be able to do this and be ready for future games. think thats all she wanted, will post if she has any other requirements. thanks in advance,

Soldato
OP
ok that was very nice spec indeed. unfortnutely she does need a screen, mouse, keyboard, and i would imagine speakers too, however we don't need windows as we already have a spare unused copy of Media Centre in the house. In the new spec's can we make it as close to £1000 as possible so that she can save the money for something else. About the games, i don't think that she will be playing much more demanding games for a very long time now so i guess you don't too much power for graphics, although obviosly the more the better.

Rember aswell she would like to keep it as silent as possible

thanks again

Soldato
OP
ACESHIGH said:
A 6800GS & and a via mobo - wouldnt be my choices.

what would be your choices then?

the latest specs by naffa seem best with a few adjustments, e.g. dual core, better graphics card and mobo, also the case seems to be quite large from the picture, remember it needs to be small. Lastly how quiet would that pc be?

Back
Top Bottom