Spec me a simple access point?

Associate
Hi all,
I have just had a garden too. Built at far end of garden and have had power and Ethernet socket installed. I want to have WiFi in the new building and outside it. Household WiFi does not extend due to thick walls. Can anyone recommend a cheap plug in WiFi access point I can just connect to power and plug into the buildings Ethernet to broadcast the houses WiFi? Was wondering if some kind of extender would work but want something easy to set up!
Thanks.

Hi all,
I have just had a garden too. Built at far end of garden and have had power and Ethernet socket installed. I want to have WiFi in the new building and outside it. Household WiFi does not extend due to thick walls. Can anyone recommend a cheap plug in WiFi access point I can just connect to power and plug into the buildings Ethernet to broadcast the houses WiFi? Was wondering if some kind of extender would work but want something easy to set up!
Thanks.

TPlink RE505X WiFi 6. (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz)

Can do
Wireless to Wireless
LAN to Wireless
Wireless to LAN

Has a couple decent antenna that pivot up

I use one to pick up the house WiFi , rebroadcast locally in my outbuilding plus feed ethernet and I get ~250Mbps download at 25 meters through a couple of walls on 5GHz from Unify 6-lite access point.

At closer ranges speeds peak around 600Mbps actual (open speed test)

Should be £40-50 depending on deals, though some sellers are more optimistic. It does seem to fluctuate quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom