Spec me a smartphone for basic use and photos £150-£250

Soldato
I'm wondering if one of you guys can point me in the right direction, I'm looking to get a new phone at some point, probably before end of the year. I currently have a Oneplus 3T that I bought secondhand on the MM before covid, its generally served me find, but I guess its getting a bit long in tooth now, one of the annoyances is one of the apps I use doesn't seem to display properly; it doesn't seem to to a speed issue, more of a weird thing, we use connect-team at work, and on some of the forms they have set up on that, you only get the first few words on a question (This is unique to me, no one elses phone has an issue!) , so you might see "time of" and have to guess whether its "Time of arriving on site", "Time of leaving site", "Time arriving back at base", etc. and sometimes you get options that don't show, they were asking about activities on a planned works day out, and told us everyone should press something and if you are not coming, there is a "Thanks for the offer, but I don't think this trip is for me button" Got asked why I hadn't pressed anything, well I didn't have anything beyond the first few choices. Anyway, I'm digressing but the point is want to avoid stuff that might use weird implimentations of standard stuff and and break in weird ways (Possibly a lot of chinese brands at risk of this???)

Anyway, Ideally in the range of £150-£250, but can spend a bit more if there is a sensible reason to do so.

A semi-decent camera is important to me (although does not have to be amazing) I take a lot of photos for work, some of which end up in reports, many are just to jog my memory, as is a reasonable battery life. A damage resistant screen would be advantagous. Other than photos, its likely to get used for some relativly non-demanding apps, calls, possibly youtube videos. Not likely to be used for games, at least not the sort that take a lot of processing or graphics power maybe the odd puzzle type game. Could do with something that will get new itterations of android for a bit, because I'll end up keeping hold of it for quite a few years, and I know some apps like to break if you haven't got a reasobly upto date OS.

A mate recommended looking at pixel7/pixel8 but they are a bit on the dear side for me, unless there is a good reason to stretch to them

I'm likely to wait around until black friday, unless something comes up before then, but trying to get an idea on what sort of models I should be keeping an eye on for deals at that time, otherwise I go a bit decision paralysis-ly with all the information overload and amount of pproducts on offer!

Back
Top Bottom