Spec me a sub-£200ish phone

Soldato
Hello there,

A family member is looking to change phone, having had a frustrating experience with a Nokia G22 (very unresponsive screen, slow, poor cameras, poor battery life). Their biggest priorities are camera quality and battery life, ideally costing under £200. I said I'd help them pick a new phone, but to be honest I'm not that familiar with the options at this price point these days so was wondering if anyone might be able to advise!

So far my shortlist is:

- Moto G84, £179. Seems like a solid all rounder that gets good reviews and I have a soft spot for Motorolas, with the gesture control stuff. I have read that some people are having problems with the phone not receiving or displaying notifications when the screen is off (!!!), but this doesn't seem to affect everyone...

- Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 5G, think I can also get this for £179. Again seems a fairly solid all rounder, although some reports it drains the battery fairly quickly when in use, and apparently some Xiaomi phones have issues with the cameras fogging up...

What else do you guys reckon should be on the shortlist? Might go a bit over budget if there was a good reason, but under £200 is the preference.

Back
Top Bottom