Spec me a system £750

Associate
Hey im looking to build a completely new system in the next couple of months once i get my cash together.. got around £750 to spend, possibly £850 at a push. However i need everything apart from mouse and keyboard as my monitor is knackered and i want to get windows vista instead of XP which i using atm so i will need OS aswell. Wanting pc mainly for schoolwork and some gaming mainly WoW and some smaller games, not looking for anything extravagant just something that will last me a couple of years until i can buy a really nice pc. Cheers. :p

Soldato
311ux6o.jpg

Associate
OP
Kinda thinking of using existing screen for a while even though its really rubbish, that way i can get better core components and get a nicer screen later on. Also maybe a cheap case until i got more cash and then i think i going to get Coolermaster HAF 932 i thinks its called which looks pretty sexy :p

Associate

maybe something like this then?

to be honest with you though I wouldn't bother with Vista just get hold of a copy of Windows 7 beta then buy windows 7 when it is released

Last edited:
Associate
OP
maybe something like this then?

to be honest with you though I wouldn't bother with Vista just get hold of a copy of Windows 7 beta then buy windows 7 when it is released

Yeah it looks pretty nice will windows 7 be around same price as Vista currently is or will it be a lot more? Also im not sure wether to stretch my bank balance and get a system that i can upgrade for a few years to make it last or to get an ok system now and then save up for a beasty pc for like £1500-£2000? :confused:

Associate
I think if you're just going to be playing WoW that specification will be fine, and it will run any other game on decent settings. Personally I wouldn't spend £1500-2000 in one go I'd rather buy something then upgrade when necessary, I'm not sure about Windows 7 pricing but I'd expect it to be a bit more than what Vista is right now. Make sure you get a decent case, monitor and power supply and they will last you through numerous upgrades.

Associate
OP
I think if you're just going to be playing WoW that specification will be fine, and it will run any other game on decent settings. Personally I wouldn't spend £1500-2000 in one go I'd rather buy something then upgrade when necessary, I'm not sure about Windows 7 pricing but I'd expect it to be a bit more than what Vista is right now. Make sure you get a decent case, monitor and power supply and they will last you through numerous upgrades.

Yeah i gunna most probably get the coolermaster HAF 932 case because its big and spacious and will last me a good few year no doubt. What kind of voltage on PSU u think i shud go for if im going to be upgrading to better components at a later stage? 650maybe? And going to get 24" screen i think not sure what make or whatever yet. cheers :D

Last edited:
Associate
The 700w Coolermaster Realpower PSU is decent and isnt as expensive as some of the other makes such as BeQuiet or Corsair, a 24" monitor would be a good investment as I think its going to become more commonplace with the decrease in price but I'd recommend a 4870 1GB or a similar graphics card for the 24" monitor resolution

Back
Top Bottom