Spec me a toaster

Soldato
We have the Sage 2 slice toaster and while I love it I do sometimes wish we had a 4 slice toaster. It's fine when making breakfast for yourself but a nuisance if making breakfast for the two of us.
Space was a premium though so even if we could've bought the 4 slice one, it was a no go.

Soldato
4 pieces for one person = the last couple are cold,
for some wholemeal bread toasting time seems to exceed the eating time though, so you might have to wait with a 2 slice machine.
4 slice is also burning additional electricity if not full.

with current long shot one I now often put the bread in on the diagonal, on a corner, which gives more even toasting, and may rotate 180 half way through cooking.

Soldato
I would suggest to get one with a quiet launch mechanism or whatever it’s called.

The Morphy Richards I own makes quite the racket when the toast is done. 3 times now my cup of coffee has ended up over the kitchen worktop and me :(

It has my nerves wrecked lol

Soldato
issue is they are such a basic thing but the inability to toast uniformly across bread types seems so poor,
not sure that is just down to varying moisture content at bread edges, also, even their inability to clamp the bread so it is equidistant from both sides !

I can't see the thread now, but I thought someone had a 'which' membership - who won that ?
maybe it was in a home&garden washer/drier discussion

Permabanned
issue is they are such a basic thing but the inability to toast uniformly across bread types seems so poor,
not sure that is just down to varying moisture content at bread edges, also, even their inability to clamp the bread so it is equidistant from both sides !

I can't see the thread now, but I thought someone had a 'which' membership - who won that ?
maybe it was in a home&garden washer/drier discussion

that depends on the quality of bread i think.

Soldato
I like my Kmix, it's pretty even and quite quick.

We have one of these and I have found it toasts one side of each slice fully but other side only half done so have to flip them round half way - also wife isn't consistant - one shop we get square bread which gets toasted all over and next shop she buys oblong bread - so it's up down twist it round then up down flip it over hoping you get timing right.

can't beat a toasting fork and hot coal fire and beef dripping with the black bits off bottom of cup. ((to youngsters that is underneath the layer of beef fat) Mom used to save all the fat.

Soldato
We have a 3 slot Rowlett which is a Dualit clone and had it for over 20 years now. Its needed a couple of replacement heating element cards (£6 each) but its still going strong

Back
Top Bottom