Spec me: an American address

Caporegime
Soldato
OP
Seriously I have no idea why people are so butt hurt over this, it's not like you're asking them to do the same thing.

Exactly, but it's also the point that Prototype 2 is like $5 on Amazon US right now. That's £3.14. How is fair that we have to pay about £15 at the cheapest, which is $23.83... oh and Google is awesome!

It's easier living in America at the end of the day, the wages might not be as high but everything else is much lower, and the comparison people do with the UK vs US wage is the UK wage before the government **** you, take away 1/4 of your wages and suddenly America doesn't seem so low. So why should we get ****ed by the retailers as well?

Last edited:
Soldato
Were not talking small businesses here :)

But as said before many times, regardless of this being a download, if it was a physical product bought and shipped there still woudln't be any VAT to pay :confused:

At the current Exchange rates:
15.00 GBP = 23.8267 USD
British Pound ↔ US Dollar
1 GBP = 1.58845 USD 1 USD = 0.629545 GBP

Therefore anything purchased anywhere in the states and shipped to you that has a value of less that ~$23.82 will have no VAT/Tax/Import/Duty levied on it anyway.

So no-one at any point is being "cheated" or "fraudulently declined" Sales tax

Of course, I was just furthering your point because of the complaints of VAT not being paid, and how there are many instances where VAT that would be due, isn't due if you're buying from a seller with a relatively small turn over.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the amount includes shipping, so if you buy an item that costs £15 and the shipping is a fiver, you would technically have to pay VAT on it, but the shipping rate isn't always included on the customs declaration.

Soldato
Exactly, but it's also the point that Prototype 2 is like $5 on Amazon US right now. That's £3.14. How is fair that we have to pay about £15 at the cheapest, which is $23.83... oh and Google is awesome!

It's easier living in America at the end of the day, the wages might not be as high but everything else is much lower, and the comparison people do with the UK vs US wage is the UK wage before the government **** you, take away 1/4 of your wages and suddenly America doesn't seem so low. So why should we get ****ed by the retailers as well?

Is that for a Steam key too? :eek:

Soldato

Grass is greener? It certainly isn't easier. Both our countries have pro's and con's.

OP hope you got the address :D (Ironically I have a legitimate US address but not US card to pay with (if a service needed it).

Soldato
OP
Is that for a Steam key too? :eek:

Yeah, but its part of a $10 package that includes all the Prototype 2 DLC and the first game, costs £6.24 iirc.

Grass is greener? It certainly isn't easier. Both our countries have pro's and con's.

OP hope you got the address :D (Ironically I have a legitimate US address but not US card to pay with (if a service needed it).

It depends how you see it, money wise it isn't as tough, as you get less tax, things are a lot cheaper and the wages aren't that much worse. I'm no expert but the only downside I can see is getting eaten by a brown recluse or shot by a gangbanger. :D

Aye, the address worked, but you only need a UK card on Amazon US, doesn't have to be a US card.

Soldato
OP
There's a few on there, Saints Row 2 is £3.50, the Third is £6.20 odd, a lot of THQ games like Metro and Stalker etc.

Back
Top Bottom