Spec me an email solution

Soldato
Right, we're having some problems with Vidahost re: emails at the moment and I've been thinking for a while that our system is a little bit last decade compared to everything else that's cloud based; Google Docs for docs, Dropbox for other files and a NAS for large assets.

Our situation is that we're a small company but we run a few businesses; 5 active domains in total, 4 have just one email address (generic@) and the other has 3 named email accounts.

On top of this 3 of us have Gmail accounts and all email that goes to any account gets forwarded to these accounts as an all-in-one-place account as well as what we read (but not reply to) emails from via our mobiles.

The problem with Vidahost has an email limit per hour, and they must have changed this recently to include forwards because we're regularly reaching the max whereas we never have in the previous 3 years.

Domain One to Four
Incoming: generic@, forwarded to 3 Gmails
Outgoing: bcc'd to generic@

Domain Five
Incoming: person1@, forwarded to other 2 person@ and 3 Gmails
Outgoing: bcc'd to the other 2 person@

What would be the best solution for us? Any advice welcome

Soldato
OP
How does that work with the number of users across the different domains etc? Says there's a limit of 30 per user and "if you have multiple domains associated with your Google for Work account..." so would it be possible to have all domains and email accounts under one Google for Work account?

I see they offer HTML signatures now too, last time I looked I swear they didn't :p.

Soldato
OP
Yeah and the ticket is still open but it's been going back and forth with them just saying that's the limit or buy a VDS, but something must have changed as we've never had this error before. Just weighing up options anyway as like I said using Thunderbird/Mail etc just seems a bit outdated now when everything else is Cloud.

Soldato
OP
I'm sure it's lovely but nobody is answering the user question :p. If a 'user' is one unique email account as their website suggests then we can't afford to pay $50+ a month for 8+ email addresses.

Soldato
OP
Are you sure? I've setup a trial account, added a few of the domains and 5 emails and in billing it says "Users: 5".

Edit: Nevermind, think I've got it with aliases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom