Spec me an LED Torch

Ah ok cool thanks!

What's everyone's opinions on this Inova X5? I need a torch for about £30 (Christmas pressie) and the X5 seems to have a few good reviews, but I'd like the OcUK experts' view :D

31pxhsfyvmlsl500aa300.jpg

£30 on that? I'd rather give a homeless person £30 than buy that!

Under 40 metres range, normal LEDs for light....:/

There are ten billion other torches that are far better and most have been mentioned in this thread and most are under £30!

Last edited:
Hi guys

Need to find a good all-round torch for about £50, should be capable of adequately lighting far, close and wide areas and a relatively good battery life. Any good suggestions?

Thanks

P7 is nice but I can't get over the awkward switch mechanism and lack of tailstand and lack of powerrrrr!

SF L2 + XP-G all day long (literally) :)

Cheers Aod, looking forward to not botching this new reflector!

Received today and all is well, I assume the coin was the souvenir and not the box of matches :p Cheers!

The matches will come in handy too as I missed the smell of burning matches all those years ago so I will light one from time to time just to get a sniff of that amazing smell of Sulfur ^_^

Received today and all is well, I assume the coin was the souvenir and not the box of matches :p Cheers!

The matches will come in handy too as I missed the smell of burning matches all those years ago so I will light one from time to time just to get a sniff of that amazing smell of Sulfur ^_^

The coin, the Box of matches and the little thing at the bottom of the box is the souvenir :)

Those are just about the only matches used in Southern Africa, and they're a great memory of my childhood in Zimbabwe :p

Just a quick question for you torchies out there:

I've got this light set which comes with a 8.4v 6400mAh battery pack. I belive the light is a variant of the Magicshine type of light.

The info on the sticker of the included charger is:
Li=Poly Charger, Model No PD-05, Input 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 0.35A max, Output 8.4V--1A

I want to buy another charger for it and was looking at the new magicshine chargers which have this info on them:
Li-ion charger, Model GM-084180, Input AC100-240V 50/60Hz, Output DC8.4V 1.8A, CE CulUS Listed, ATE, HIPOT

Will this charger work with my light as long as the connector is the same size or could it cause problems? If so, would it charge faster being 1.8A?

Thanks
:)

Zebralights are usually considered to be the very best of the best angle-lights, but they are expensive.

There's also the Sunwayman L10A.

Just a quick question for you torchies out there:

I've got this light set which comes with a 8.4v 6400mAh battery pack. I belive the light is a variant of the Magicshine type of light.

The info on the sticker of the included charger is:
Li=Poly Charger, Model No PD-05, Input 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 0.35A max, Output 8.4V--1A

I want to buy another charger for it and was looking at the new magicshine chargers which have this info on them:
Li-ion charger, Model GM-084180, Input AC100-240V 50/60Hz, Output DC8.4V 1.8A, CE CulUS Listed, ATE, HIPOT

Will this charger work with my light as long as the connector is the same size or could it cause problems? If so, would it charge faster being 1.8A?

Thanks
:)

I have a spare GM-084180 charger - brand new never used. I went with some Turnigy Nanotech lipolys in a water bottle for my MJ-856 light so the charger is surplus to requirements - message me.

Back
Top Bottom