Spec me an LED Torch

Nice going!

I thought that I was set for lights, with my LX2 Lumamax, Sunwayman V10R Ti and many many others, but when I found my Maratac AAA Cu again, I remembered that I need a "tiny-little-wee" light - So I bought a Maratac AA Aluminium.

Sometimes I don't want a light that's bigger than a finger, so a light that's barely bigger than a AA should be perfect! My old iTP Eos A2 was perfect until I dunked the head in a glass of whisky...

The Maratac AA is a keychain light, isn't it? I find them to be the most useful as they are the most likely of light to always be with you.

It's amazing how many holes you can find in the collection of lights that you own. Admittedly, I do sometimes make them up a little! :D... what if.... what if.... :D

I've not seen that Fenix before, would be great to hear your thoughts on it when you get it.

I'll share my thoughts when it arrives. To be honest I've been a little nuts and impulsive, as after clicking the order button on the Jetbeam PA40, I noticed the Fenix LD41. I've basically bought two lights which are pitting themselves directly against each other! Similar emitters - XM-L (T6/U2), cell number + chemistry, cost and form.

The Fenix on paper should be brighter than the Jetbeam, and have a nicer UI. But the Jetbeam does have a rather nice battery indicator feature.

Looking forward to receiving them and taking some PA40 vs LD41 beamshots! :D

Last edited:
The Maratac AA is a keychain light isn't it? I find them to be the most useful as they are the most likely of light to always be with you.

It's amazing how many holes you can find in the collection of lights that you own. Admittedly, I do something make them up a little! :D... what if.... what if.... :D

Exactly! :D

what's a reasonable budget torch at the moment?

i had/have an 800 Lumens Q5 CREE zoomable torch that mrk recommended last year, but it was extremely unreliable, it only held charge for a few seconds at full brightness and the charger eventually stopped charging at all! Perhaps all i need is an external charger for it, but its in storage now and wont be getting it back any time soon.

Say up to £20 ish? I want it to actually be good this time though :D

Yeah my charger for a cheap Chinese 1200lumen Cree head torch is on the blink. It uses 1x 18650 battery, 2400mAh or is there much bigger capacity batteries than that?

Anyone know an easy way to modify into take two or three of these batteries, or another battery/battery box I can wire on and off course a new charger?

If I had a 3d printer I could just make one :(

Last edited:
Got this coming in the post:

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/new-version-shadow-tc6-flashlight-pics-heavy-p-278.html

2ekul4w.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to be looking for one to finally replace my BC40 and C8/L2 trio as I don't really want to carry around multiple torches on explores/shoots any more as it's a bit of a hassle reaching for the right light while negotiating tight areas/wall edges etc!

That one above looks really nice, any confirmation on run time?

Edit*

I'll be selling the BC40 and L2 if I do get the one above, the C8 will forever remain with me though as the beam is so tight and goes on so far :D

Edit*
Tom those zoomables still suffer from Chinese QC :p You might get a good one, you might not! Mine was fine though luckily but woefully underpowered compared to the ones that replaced it.

Last edited:
Done!

Edit*

Damn that VG10 looks good too and 4hours runtime at mid! The FJD 2600 cells I have on the BC40 should see those figures nicely, maybe even more as I get quite a bit more on the BC40 compared to the spec runtime.

I can't decide on which one :p

Last edited:
I want to minimise the amount of lights I take on an outing, not increase :p

I think the V10 is edging it though, the design is nicer too. Both seem to be similar in size.

Hmm interesting, slightly pricier though.

Just got an email from them regarding that LXP:

High mode: 80 minutes.
Medium: 250 minutes.
Low mode: 30 hours.

Impressive numbers, slightly better than the VG10.

Do I want cool white or neutral white LED tint? the neutral tint is a $2.99 additional charge.

I've decided to get the V10 Shadow BTW. Looks the nicest too. Also gone for the Crenelated bezel.

Edit*

Sorry I meant the LXP, all these names...

Edit2...still deciding...¬_¬

Edit3!

Bought one, came to 330 and 20 days for delivery.

Won't say what one I bought though, will save that until delivery :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom