Spec me an LED Torch

I am after a new Torch. Like my Fenix LD20, but want something much brighter! Would like a sub £150.00 spend. Would also like to stick to AA cells if possible, as I have a charger and cells already, but no deal breaker if not.

Been looking for a more budget big light to go with my TN31 so have this on the way to me £47 delivered.

From all accounts should be floody which suits me, really does look quality.

LED: CREE XM-L U2 CW /T6 3C NW LED
Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
Reflector: Aluminum Alloy Reflector
Lumen: 2000lumens
Mode: OFF>>Lo>>Mi>>Hi>>Strobe
Battery Type:3x18650 (not include)
Switch: Magnet control switch
Anodise: HAIII
Size: 150mm(Length)*50mm(head diameter)*47mm(tube diameter)
Weight:350g(not include battery)

8vvxb6.jpg

Where did you get this from for that price? Only found it for around £60.

Wotcha folks

I'm thinking of a new torch to replace my ageing (and I'm sure a bit dimmer than it should be) Maglite AA which has a normal bulb.

I don't want to spend loads - less than £20 if possible and it has to take AA's as I've recently stocked up on Eneloops!

What do you think of the Mini Maglite AA LED torch?

Or is there something else of a comparible size and price to look at?

Many thanks!

Any torch can flood if reflecting from a flat white surface like the ceiling

The CREE head torches on ebay a while back had an adjustable focus, from a pure circuit outline to a wider flood and you can always set it down anyway. It was just a flat torch with AAA sideways behind instead of held by length like a holdable torch. One we have came with a ratcheted angled support on the back

I think i am after a Sunywayman C20C are the Hong Kong sellers on the bay decent as they seem to have a few poor feedback. I was thinking about making an offer on one, any opinions on where to buy for a decent price?

EDit: found it for £37 from Dino and picked up some Panasonic Cr123.

Last edited:
Here is my Shadow VG-10 in action in a pitch black mine:

qgbdS.jpg

We spent about 3-4 hours down there and I use it at max for about an hour I'd say maybe a bit longer then the rest of the time on medium. After an hour or so on max it begins to blink on and off, I guess to indicate that the battery is not juiced enough so drop it into medium and it will soldier on normally. The blinking is not described anywhere in the item description though so was a bit confused at first.

We need more real world in use shots in this here thread!

Edit*
One of the explorers with us that day had a tri-XM-L Sky Ray type torch but it was WAY longer and bigger, it was +2000 lumens and she said she could get over an hour on max brightness out of it. It was so big she had a shoulder strap for it...I was impressed!

Last edited:
Just recieved my second zebralight h30 today. For the GF

To the poster above its the best headlight I own better than my petzl myo xp and black diamond icon 3

Lasts an hour very small and a great beam and colour. Only down side is no warning of flat battery just cuts off dead no dimming first.

Back
Top Bottom