Spec me an LED Torch

I'm not too fussed about the price, i have a magic shine clone and its useless for road cycling so after something with a proper lens for road lighting, either the Fenix or Philips at the moment but not up with light brands and what batteries are good etc!

Looks like i've found my next light due out at the end of this month:

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=132

My recently purchased brand new Nitecore TM11 will have to make way for this one.

Is there any estimate on the price yet? That looks unbelievably bright if them pics are accurate. Wow!

Looks like it has a nice mix of throw and flood as well. Grr, this TN31 seems crap now haha.

Shimmyhill said:
Are Fenix a decent brand in torch land then, i only ask as i see them mentioned a few times and i'm thinking of getting the soon to be released BT20 bike light?

They are a very good brand. My TK12 has been used almost every day and been on loads of bike rides. It's been dropped and got wet through countless times. It is a torch that I know wont let me down and will last a long time. The extra you pay is worth it in my eyes. You can also see the quality when compared to other brands.

Are Fenix a decent brand in torch land then, i only ask as i see them mentioned a few times and i'm thinking of getting the soon to be released BT20 bike light?

Yes.
I jacked my car down on a pd30 for around 2 hours without noticing. In the rain.
Its still works 100 percent fine. and has done for about 3-4 years now.
It was barely scratched

Have you used the 31 yet Mark A?

My batts should have arrived today!

That Fenix runtime at 1100 lumens is insane though!

No :(. I only have 3 cells and they're different brands and different capacity, both of which it says not to use in the manual so I didn't want to risk it.

I ordered some 3100mah ones from HK but they were only despatched a couple of days ago so I put an order in for a couple of cheap Ultrafire 2400mah cells to add to the 2 I already have. Should at least allow me to test it before the others come from HK.

I've heard it'll be about the same price as the TK70 and that is £179.95

Hopefully cheaper if bought direct from China. Still, it looks like its worth the money. You can even add extension tubes to it and it doubles the run times with every extension tube :eek:.

After reading this forum, I took the bait and got 2x XTAR BK10s for walking at night + possible 2nd bike pair of lights. Was incredibly surprised by these, they put out what looks like twice the light my Ay-Up bike lights do at a third of the price.

I use the little brother of this (150 lumens, no strobe etc)

Nightsearcher Explorer XP-G Rechargeable LED Flashlight

The above has everything you ask for (I think, but I am not sure on the length - I have left mine at work so cant measure it :( )

Mine has been as tough as old boots and the huge plus for me is that it is rechargeable. My battery lasts for hours and hours as well, but mine is only the 150 lumen CREE LED model.

Buff

It's here!
NITECORE_I4_CHARGER.jpg

TN31 definitely won't power on with diff capacity batteries in there but the Eagletac 3400s arrived today and powered it just fine.

Now on to the power of the TN31...wow! It's so bright and the throw is so intense. At arms length I can feel the heat on my face from it and that's outside in this weather.

The lowest brightness mode is actually quite usable but there's only a small difference between the top 2 modes, I would have liked to see a larger gap to make the 2nd to top mode useful I guess, although this was testing inside the house, I need to be outside in a field to confirm :p

Anyway, the light is pure and neutral white, the reflector is excellent and I like the cool blue tinted side edges from the coated lens:
TN31_floorbeam.jpg

I've nabbed a wrist strap from work from an industrial hand scanner and prefer that to the elasticated strap that comes with it.

The box holds all I will ever need on a day or two out:
TN31_casedset.jpg

And sadly this will be going :(
VG10_sale.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom