Spec me an LED Torch

See my post a couple of pages back just ordered a xtar mp1s to leave in work for emergency charging, USB charging but only single cell reviews look good, and if you use my link earlier its under a tenner from a UK seller.
Perfect, cheers man!

If anyone is interested it's for emergency charging of my torch batteries from a battery pack I take with me when hiking and camping on longer trips.

Last edited:
Depends on the batteries you're charging really, I have 3400mAh so 8ish hours I guess though I've not tested this from empty yet.

8hrs! That'd wind me right up.

I just use a hobby charger (iCharger 106b) and set the charge rate at 1c for all my cells - so it's only 1hr no matter the capacity.

I only use Redilast or AW for my cells.

It's a lot faster if I charge 2 at a time in slots 1 and 2 as those slots charge individually instead of sharing the load - So I read anyway!

On a more comedy note, anyone used a non LED torch recently and wondered "WTF is this even on??" :D

Brother-in-law bought one of them HUGE D-cell Maglites, he was very pleased with it right up until I got my Trustfire X6 (SST-90) out of the glove compartment and burnt a whole straight through the earth with it.

:D

It's a shame that these aren't available to the masses in the high street apart from lensers but the average person avoids them due to the price.

Imagine high streets selling Ultrafire C8 class or above torches, very cheap, very powerful...Maglites would have to disband old bulb tech sharpish I'd imagine!

Hi Guys

Just got myself a Klarus XT11. Can anyone advise as to which one of these batteries is the better and safer one?

EagLetac 18650 3.7 Volt Li-ion 3400 mAH

AW 18650 3.7 Volt Li-ion 3100 mAH

Thanks

That free LED keyring torch flashaholics bundle is actually XTAR branded, I removed their sticker and so it was revealed:

rps20121116_102001.jpg

A nice surprise!

Can’t say if it’s the best as there are thousands out there in the £20 range! But I’ve had myC8 (Q5) for over a year and it’s been just fine, long throw and good flood quality. Gina shipping may take a while but I’d still be inclined to save a bit and buy via eBay/dealxtreme etc as you save some money.

It is waterproof and will take a bashing as well :)

Back
Top Bottom