Spec me an LED Torch

Bit of a noob question - how much longer does a 3400mah battery give you over a 2600mah, talking decent brands? I can get 4 xtar 2600 for the price of 2 keep power 3400, carrying the extra is no problem.

Anyone gonna order some more this week?

Been looking for a led torch up to about £50,might stretch to a bit more, had a look through this thread, so many recommendations.

Would be a great idea, if someone could up with a list (sticky) say three torches in each price brackets, say £25, £50, £75 & over, sure someone with more experience of led torches could come up with better price bands.

That's a great idea. It's a shame that this 'spec me' thread has been turned into a general LED torch thread, as the OP hasn't been seen since I don't think.

The title could do to be changed along with the OP, but I don't know if that's possible?

I haven't use my 3400 enough yet but I have used the 2600 FJD on the JetBeam BC40 and Shadow VG10, both XML lights and the runtime exceeds by a small amount the rated runtimes so I imagine good 3400 cells will be better still.

Well my Shadow VG10 has arrived quality compared to my 501b is amazing, its my first xml and 18650 torch and I'm chuffed, only negatives are the tail switch is slightly lighter anodizing and it has a lot more flood than my current light, but on the whole really pleased, 15 days from ordering for delivery I think is quite decent too.

Also my Xtar wp2 arrived but it has an EU plug can I just use a shaver adapter to plug into the mains?

lol that is an option if I can catch one before they shut.

I need to check it out with some more space before I make a proper decision. Cant find anywhere that sells spares, a smooth reflector as a spare would keep me quiet so i can choose between the two.

I am impressed though quality is amazing for the price came in at £28 delivered and insurance, and the spares.

I think the on it is just right really otherwise you'd probably lose a lot if flood quality! The throw would be impressive though.

I think you maybe right, its ideal for what it is and the light output and colour is probably the best I've seen, a smooth reflector though would be an unbelievable thrower :D

Not that I could find yet, its not long been released.

Picked mine up on eBay there's only one seller that has them, feedback is good too.

Well, my Shadow VG-10 arrived last week and am really very impressed with it... indeed. Thanks for the recommendations/advice and reviews on here!

Wasn't too sure how big the torch was before I ordered but was pleasantly surprised - about the same length as an AA maglite but slightly chunkier.

Anyone like me who is after something reasonably sized/priced and needing something powerful I couldn't recommend this more. Not that cheap but well worth it IMO!

I especially like the fact it comes with a whole bunch of spares.

Ordered from Intl-outdoor.com and took about 16 days to arrive from Hong Kong which was pretty good.

That's the same thing i would with the fenix pd32 ultimate edition.
Still though it has a burst of 700 odd lumens but only for 3 minutes at a time :(
400 as well though :)

For such a small torch that is pretty impressive. 700 lumens on torches twice the size get very hot, so with a small surface area on the PD32 it would probably be too hot to hold before long :D.

400 lumens is very good though and easily enough for most things. The really high lumens are only good for showing off anyway so 3 mins is enough for that :p.

I bought one of these the other day...

It's a Olight i3 EOS, powered by an AAA Eneloop. It's tiny! It's also very well made and pretty bright for its size too. The clip is very strong and it's got a nice twist switch.

http://www.olightworld.com/en/products_show.aspx?ProId=1282&CateId=104

Going to use it at work where it's small size will come in handy when I have to hold it with my mouth as I need two hands :p

rudLVl.jpg

Excuse the crap photo, I coulnd't be bothered getting the DSLR out for one pic so used my phone!

Back
Top Bottom