Spec me an LED Torch

For such a small torch that is pretty impressive. 700 lumens on torches twice the size get very hot, so with a small surface area on the PD32 it would probably be too hot to hold before long :D.

400 lumens is very good though and easily enough for most things. The really high lumens are only good for showing off anyway so 3 mins is enough for that :p.

I think the same,
It has extra cooling fins too,
And my PD30 built on the same basic shape with 210 lumens is impressive.
With 400 it would be amazing

I'm after a good head torch for fishing, it needs to be light, water resistant, easy to switch on and off and have the red filter for night vision preservation, anyone got any recommendations?

Damn you feeders of this thread just spent some more money on another light

http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=72

4 x AA - XML U2 - 860 lumen

Granted I was asked by a colleague to source him a powerful AA light so this may end up getting sold on, unless it turns out to be a pretty awesome light.

Just got this from Flasha

"They should be here next week.

Kind Regards
Antony"

aha I see.

The runtimes on this EA4 on the Nitecore site are measured with 1.2v 2400mah AA, in work we have Duracell Procell issued, google says these are 1.5v with a capacity of 2300mah, how will the runtimes fair between the alkaline and nimh?

aha I see.

The runtimes on this EA4 on the Nitecore site are measured with 1.2v 2400mah AA, in work we have Duracell Procell issued, google says these are 1.5v with a capacity of 2300mah, how will the runtimes fair between the alkaline and nimh?

I would imagine the Alkaline will last longer and the torch will be brighter because they are supplying 1.5 volts unless there is some fancy voltage regulation circuitry involved. Rechargables almost never hold the stated charge and output is pretty constant and then suddenly drops. Alkaline batteries tend to just fade.

aha I see.

I would imagine the Alkaline will last longer and the torch will be brighter because they are supplying 1.5 volts unless there is some fancy voltage regulation circuitry involved. Rechargables almost never hold the stated charge and output is pretty constant and then suddenly drops. Alkaline batteries tend to just fade.

The Eneloops will deliver better brightness for far far longer due to the significant current-sag that Alkalines experience. Additionally, Sanyo Eneloops really do hold 2000mAh (1900mAh minimum).

At a 500mA draw, an Alkaline AA will only have about 1/2 to 1/3rd of it's rated capacity, whereas a NiMH Eneloop will supply the full 2000mAh at that draw level.

The EA4 produces as much as 860 Lumens, at which level it will be supplying the LED with nine watts of power, which, assuming a perfect conversion from the 6V that the AA's are providing would be 670mA, more so when the voltage starts to sag.

At that level, the Alkalines might only provide one quarter the charge as the NiMhs

The Eneloops will deliver better brightness for far far longer due to the significant current-sag that Alkalines experience. Additionally, Sanyo Eneloops really do hold 2000mAh (1900mAh minimum).

At a 500mA draw, an Alkaline AA will only have about 1/2 to 1/3rd of it's rated capacity, whereas a NiMH Eneloop will supply the full 2000mAh at that draw level.

The EA4 produces as much as 860 Lumens, at which level it will be supplying the LED with nine watts of power, which, assuming a perfect conversion from the 6V that the AA's are providing would be 670mA, more so when the voltage starts to sag.

At that level, the Alkalines might only provide one quarter the charge as the NiMhs

Which one is better, Standard enelop 2000mah or enelop XX 2500mah?

TN31_CDC_Beam.jpg

Impressive light this TN31 :D - I used it in mixed power modes all weekend and got home this evening, batteries were showing 4.03v on all 3 respectively.

Back
Top Bottom