Spec me an LED Torch

Just thought I'd pop in, linking to amazon is ok I assume, if not, tell me off.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenser-8407-Torch-Gift-Black/dp/B0018O7UAA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Seems like a good price for that 8407 P7, or is it just me being naive? :).

They also have this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenser-Police-Focus-Torch-Black/dp/tech-data/B000OGCP6W/ref=de_a_smtd

I was given some advice on torches a week or so ago, I held off temporarily and I think I'll go for one of these now. Any qualms with them I should know of, is one better than the other?

Oh crap guys, I just dropped $500 on a flashlight + Accessory + shipping :(
It's a Silver Surefire X300, a light that has never been in "production", I believe only ten were ever made...

I'm insane :o

Which one is better, Standard enelop 2000mah or enelop XX 2500mah?

The Eneloop XX (aka Eneloop PRO) are mainly meant for photographers and so on, the Cells only stay charged for about 6 months or so (compared to more than two years for regular 'loops) and are only rated to 500 charge-discharge cycles, as opposed to the 1500+ that regular eneloops are rated to.

Personally, I don't think that the extra 500mAh is worth the downsides, especially the extra money that the eneloop XX cost.

I've got eight AA Eneloops and I love them to bits. one set hasn't been charged for more than six months and is still powering my external flash for my camera.

TN31_CDC_Beam.jpg

Impressive light this TN31 :D - I used it in mixed power modes all weekend and got home this evening, batteries were showing 4.03v on all 3 respectively.

That looks awesome Mrk, whereabouts is that? You seem really into your urbexing... fancy hitting some of the disused parts of the London Underground with me? I know a guy... ;)

It's this place before the sun rose:

5D3_2360-Edit.jpg

Chambre Du Commerce in Antwerp :D

Oh yeah I'd really like to explore the disused underground! Whereabouts? Definitely would be up for sorting a time out!

Coooool!

I know a couple of TFL employees, both of whom are fairly senior, I've always wanted to go explore some of the disused stations and the like, I'll have to ask 'em if they can hook me up :D

Coooool!

I know a couple of TFL employees, both of whom are fairly senior, I've always wanted to go explore some of the disused stations and the like, I'll have to ask 'em if they can hook me up :D

My contact details are in trust or sig so let me know if you can get anything, it's been a long term thing on the list of places to explore for me :)

Is that place just abandoned? Its mad when you think of all the time and effort that was put into building that place for it to just be left to rot.

I think my Xtar WP2 charger is broke :(. One of the charging channels just blinks green and red instead of going onto solid red. I have tried different cells so its not the cells.

No point sending it back to HK so just going to replace it. Any recommendations on a decent charger with 4 charging channels for about £20-£30?

Renovations are going on there at the moment, don’t know what to but yeah usually they lay vacant for years before someone decides to put money into it :p

Hey guys

I'm after some advice. I have been asked to find a torch for my father-in-law for Christmas. Budget is about £50. He will mostly use it outside in the garden at night but would also possibly take it in the car when he goes out. It is quite a long garden that backs onto the North Yorks Moors so it is pretty dark especially in the winter. What would you guys suggest for multi-purpose use (distance and close-up)?

Just received my EA4 from flasha, £55 is an absolute steal!

The quality and engineering is outstanding. Feels great in the hand and the output is simply amazing. Lots of modes which seem pretty simple to access. Very pleased with my purchase.

Hey guys

I'm after some advice. I have been asked to find a torch for my father-in-law for Christmas. Budget is about £50. He will mostly use it outside in the garden at night but would also possibly take it in the car when he goes out. It is quite a long garden that backs onto the North Yorks Moors so it is pretty dark especially in the winter. What would you guys suggest for multi-purpose use (distance and close-up)?

That's easy EA4

hope some of you experts can help me with a christmas present for my bro.

i want to get him an led torch that can be used on a bike, hand and maybe as a head torch also. it seems reasonable that such a thing would exist, but with so much out there i don't want to get bogged down looking through piles of junk.

can anyone give me some pointers where to look or any specific suggestions.

it wants to be a really bright one cos he has a mate that does some offroad night biking, who has a good led bike light but that can only be mounted to his bike.

budget £100 +

Just received my EA4 from flasha, £55 is an absolute steal!

The quality and engineering is outstanding. Feels great in the hand and the output is simply amazing. Lots of modes which seem pretty simple to access. Very pleased with my purchase.

Got hold of mine today arrived while I was away!

What a cracking piece of craftmanship, holds well in the hand, button is spot on, I thought the quality on the Shadow VG10 was good, this is better!

The beam is fantastic in cool white and easily hits the tested 280m, modes are ok will take some getting used to to nail it each time.

Also supplied is a quality made holster, lanyard and spare O ring, bought from ebay works out at £45ish depending on currency at the time.

I am after a new torch. I have had a LED Lenser P7 which I was happy with and have now managed to sell on. I would like something a little more powerful with a beam I can change from spot to flood same as the P7 and that takes normal batteries AA or AAA.

I was thinking of a P14 anyone got any other recommendations for about £50-60. I looked at the EA4 and it looks a little ungainly and I don't thing you can focus the beam.

Decided on a Fenix LD41 after looking around. Cant focus the beam but its seems to have a nice spread and good distance too.
Anyone got any opinions on my choice?

Decided on a Fenix LD41 after looking around. Cant focus the beam but its seems to have a nice spread and good distance too.
Anyone got any opinions on my choice?

They look really good. Fenix is one of the best manufacturers about so should be good build quality. You should be very happy with it. I think a lot of torches these days have a good mix of hotspot and flood for most situations, so an adjustable beam isn't needed.

I wouldn't mind hearing your opinion of it when you get it as I have been looking at one for my dad for Christmas. The 2 x AA ones about don't quite have the power so this seems to be the best option if you don't want to go 18650.

I jacked my car down on a fenix pd30 for around 2 hours without realising in a massive downpour.
was barely scratched and works fine a year later.

The Eneloop XX (aka Eneloop PRO) are mainly meant for photographers and so on, the Cells only stay charged for about 6 months or so (compared to more than two years for regular 'loops) and are only rated to 500 charge-discharge cycles, as opposed to the 1500+ that regular eneloops are rated to.

Personally, I don't think that the extra 500mAh is worth the downsides, especially the extra money that the eneloop XX cost.

I've got eight AA Eneloops and I love them to bits. one set hasn't been charged for more than six months and is still powering my external flash for my camera.

Thanks Mate. Just thinking if I charged them once a week, then, I would have at least around 10 years of usage on them and by that time perhaps new tech on rechargeables could already be saturating the market.

Back
Top Bottom