Spec me an LED Torch

I finally have this torch, my god! It makes my C8 look like it's stuck on low power mode! Can't wait to try this thing in the dark.

It seems to be a dark green military kind of colour though, where the others look black.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm very impressed. :D

Glad you like it, there is a new MKII version of this light coming out in January along with this little beauty which is actually a touch shorter than the SC600.

It's rated at 2400 lumens:

8g9j.jpg

292w47q.jpg

28b911w.jpg

Hey guys!

Right with my christmas money time to get me a torch :D Was looking at the Shadow VG-10 as seems to be popular and fairly reasonable!

Now the question remains, what retailer to buy from? Also batteries and chargers, which ones are the best and again what retailer?

Cheers

I've spent ages trying to decide on a torch, and I changed my mind far too often, so I decided last week to just grab a cheap sub £30 2x rcr123a torch whilst I decide whether I really want to spend £60 on a good one. Wanted it before last weekend's night shifts, so bought one of these from Flashaholics:

qv5BZ.jpg

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/lumintop/lumintop-p2c.html

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised, it's really good! I already had a charger and some batteries, so i'm running it on 2x 3.7v RCRs and its really bright! Build quality isn't amazing, the LED is slightly off centre, and the clip is a little bit easy to remove, and it's lacking momentary on from the switch, but it slips into the molle webbing on my tac vest perfectly, and the light is perfect. It's got a decent throw with a good amount of flood too.

I turned up at a job the other night in a dark garden, and was able to light up the scene perfectly, the paramedic there was impressed, he was struggling with his issue maglite!

I've spent ages trying to decide on a torch, and I changed my mind far too often, so I decided last week to just grab a cheap sub £30 2x rcr123a torch whilst I decide whether I really want to spend £60 on a good one. Wanted it before last weekend's night shifts, so bought one of these from Flashaholics:

qv5BZ.jpg

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/lumintop/lumintop-p2c.html

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised, it's really good! I already had a charger and some batteries, so i'm running it on 2x 3.7v RCRs and its really bright! Build quality isn't amazing, the LED is slightly off centre, and the clip is a little bit easy to remove, and it's lacking momentary on from the switch, but it slips into the molle webbing on my tac vest perfectly, and the light is perfect. It's got a decent throw with a good amount of flood too.

I turned up at a job the other night in a dark garden, and was able to light up the scene perfectly, the paramedic there was impressed, he was struggling with his issue maglite!

I use one of these on a 501b
http://www.niton999.co.uk/shop/product_view_Niton-Tactical-Lithium-LiteDock_code_TAC017.html

I honestly cannot believe this thread manages to stay on the front page after all this time
Really over a torch ?.

Something's never cease to amaze me.

I am wondering what they are using these things for?

My partner thinks I am well over the top carrying an old 4 cell Maglite when I walk the dog.

It must be ancient compared to these things and I thought I was posh getting it LED converted.

I just upgraded a 6 d cell maglite to the terralux replacement head with three leds and the non reflective thick glass and it is quite simply awesome!
The sheer amount of light it throws is astonishing. I live out in the sticks and the more light the better as far as I am concerned.
I have a nit-ize (sp) led bulb in a 4 cell version and it is simply night and day between them. Terralux stuff seems so much better.
I am replacing the nit-ize with a terralux equivalent in the 4 cell and moving it into a spare 3 cell d I had lying around.

hey guys, got a 3d Maglite (one of the newer xp-e models. but I feel its lacking a bit.

anyone suggest an led upgrade or similar? ideally i'd like a bit more range and maybe a brighter light

I'd also be interested in hearing about LED upgrades for a mag-lite, though I have a 2D cell model that's a year or two old now.

Not sure if I need to know any more about it than that!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom