Spec me an LED Torch

It's more than worth it. Me, If I can only upgrade the led on my maglite solitaire, I will. :D

Glass update seems worth it to me.
I have it on 6 and 4 d cells mags and also on a mini maglite. All with Terralux bulb upgrades.

So which LED upgrade would you recommend I go for? I don't really know the difference between the two I mentioned in my last post.

So which LED upgrade would you recommend I go for? I don't really know the difference between the two I mentioned in my last post.

http://thetorchsite.co.uk/TTS-3WCR45_CNC_XPG-R5_LED.html

This TTS-3WCR45 with the XPG-R5 LED is specifically designed to upgrade the 2 and 3 cell C & D Maglites® with highest performance LED technology. Similar in performance to our XPE LED upgrade but with a 20 lumen higher rated LED.

The TTS-3WCR45 XPG-R5 bulb features :-

• 200 Lumen rated CREE XPG-R5 LED (brightest in the 3 cell Maglite)
• Brightest LED bulb available for 2 to 3 cell Maglite torches
• Rugged body shape
• Tactical performance
• Long battery life, consumes a maximum of 3 Watts
• Operating Voltage of 3 to 4.5 Volts
• Approx 15 hours runtime on 3 D Cells
• Due to the powerpush circuit, constant non dimming light
• 100,000 hour lifetime, never needs replacing
• Much better for candle mode, excellent for camping etc
• Simple replacement
• Maintains variable focus of Maglite
• Produces pure white light
• Electronically regulated for constant light output
• Quickly pays for itself

I would choose that one :)

I've got a pair of Ultrafire WF-501b torches for my bike but they keep switching modes when I go over bumps, is there anyway to mod them to just be on/off? I have no use for the other modes.

Might be due to the battery moving about and losing contact with the spring. You could try lining the battery tube with paper to make the battery a better fit. Also adding a little button magnet to make the battery longer could work.

Mark A, mrk - How long did it take for your TN31 to arrive from China and did you escape any import duties?

Just ordered the new TN30 at a promotional price that uses the new Cree XM-L2 U2.

Old TN30 Three Cree XM-L U2 LEDs

• Max 3000 lumen output
  • Max beam distance: 370 meters
  • Peak beam intensity: 35000cd
New TN30 Three Cree XM-L2 LEDs (New Model)

• Max 3600 lumen output
  • Max beam distance: 440 meters
  • Peak beam intensity: 42000cd
They have an updated TN31 also:

Old TN31 Cree XM-L U2 LED

• Max 1147 lumen output
  • Max beam distance: 700 meters
  • Peak beam intensity: 75000cd
New TN31 Cree XM-L2 U2 LED (New Model)

• Max 1376 lumen output
  • Max beam distance: 840 meters
  • Peak beam intensity: 90000cd

Might be due to the battery moving about and losing contact with the spring. You could try lining the battery tube with paper to make the battery a better fit. Also adding a little button magnet to make the battery longer could work.

I've tried both tricks and unfortunately neither have completely solved it. I gather that the mode switching is a feature of the emitter itself, is there anyway to mod it to be one mode? Failing that, are there any bits which are prone to dodgy solder joints?

Mark A, mrk - How long did it take for your TN31 to arrive from China and did you escape any import duties?

Just ordered the new TN30 at a promotional price that uses the new Cree XM-L2 U2.

• Max 1376 lumen output
  • Max beam distance: 840 meters
  • Peak beam intensity: 90000cd

Good one, I just went nuts and ordered this, no idea what I'm going to do with it lol.

Now I also need 3 x batteries to put in it.

Back
Top Bottom