Spec me an LED Torch

My EA4 turned up today. Have to say I'm impressed with it for the £30 it cost from Fasttech.com. Haven't compared beams with the LD41 as I'm waiting for my other batteries to charge up but it definitely throws further. Build quality isn't as good as the Fenix although it still feels nice to hold, the switch cover is a little cheap and doesn't feel like it will last.

Heres a couple of pics with a Maglite xl50 for size comparisons
Torches2.jpg

Torches1.jpg

I also have a Mag LED 2d and a 3cell mag with a drop in, looks like im starting to get a little collection :D.

My skyray king arrived today from dx along with 4 green flat top Panasonic's. Obviously they wouldn't work to my dismay as the node doesn't protrude far enough to make contact. So, I have removed the plastic on the node end so it does make a contact. Is this ok?? Impressed with the flood and throw but not back to work until tomorrow night shift when I can test it out at work properly.

Can anyone recommend a flashlight, It's for my daughter who's going away with school for a few days on an adventure weekend.
Doesn't have to be really bright, a good run time, compact, cheap incase it gets lost or broke, running on AA's or AAA's.
She's going away in a weeks time so will need to buy in UK.

Cheers :)

What date was it sent out?

We're glad to inform you that your order 130125001026242438 has just been fulfilled and shipped on [ Monday, 28 January 2013 13:59 ].It's now on the way to your destination.

The item(s) included in this package are listed as below, if what you have ordered are more than the one(s) displayed, please understand that they may have been shipped separtely.We will send you email notification(s) once the other package has been shipped:

You can click RB210433925CN to track your package.

Detail from tracking...

RB210433925CN 2013 Collection 52803200 GB 20130201 1218
RB210433925CN 2013 Opening 51003100 GB 20130203 2047
RB210433925CN 2013 Opening 51003100 GB 20130204 2343
RB210433925CN 2013 Departure from outward office of exchange 51003100 GB 20130205 1028

Looks like it was shipped on the 28th, so 21 days since then, but left China on the 5th feb?

Last edited:
Found a vid with a ton of different torches beamshot filmed in HD. Linked to the TN31 part http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PeCrQC1JS24#t=417s

Thanks for the suggestions, I got this one.

Has to be a lot better then bothering with upgrade on maglite solitaire even with a normal AA

Think this is the same one, just the photo makes it looks sexy :o
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Lumens-Super-Bright-Flashlight/dp/B0081CYLK4/ref=pd_sim_sg_2

I try not to do file work on the AA/AAA Maglites any more, because of the changes in the aluminum tubing. It isn't any fun trying to do file work on them any more. They have cheapened their lights (all of them as of the last ones I am using) and it's now a Pita to try to do any file work. The aluminum is now as cheap as all the Chinese lights and everything I try to file comes out mushy and with no clean lines.

It had to happen, Maglite is floundering, just like every American business. They can't compete without raising prices more and the old man is getting to old to fight it, so the corporate number crunchers are at it. Steps cut out, detail work not done, lousy anodizing, cheap materials. I've seen it too many times. I know where it's all going and it won't be pretty at ll. I imagine within a year, I won't want to use Maglite hosts any more, as I will be ashamed of the lack of quality.

Everything comes to an end...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom