Spec me an LED Torch

What is the thing with keeping torch + batteries in the car boot? Mine have been in there for a few months so I don't forget them when out shooting and just realised I've not checked the state of the batteries.

Volt meter read the Eagletac cells at 4.19v while the FJDs were 4.18, the temperatures of them when I brought them indoors was 3.4 degrees so they would have been at least 0 during most nights.

Finally built myself a sexeh torch for my work!

Body is a Solarforce LP2 HAIII
Tailcap is a Solarforce L2-S11 however i have fitted it with a reverse clicky switch.
Bezel is a Solarforce L2-B5 Crown
LED unit i got two of, first is a 3 mode Cree LC-XML-U2 and second is a Cree single mode 900 lumens LC-XML

all in all a very nice torch!

SolarForce :D Mine looks beat up but is looks RIGHT :) Enjoy yours!

Also for you TN31 owners, the beam is so strong that you can feel the heat on your hand from a metre away... wow.

What is the thing with keeping torch + batteries in the car boot? Mine have been in there for a few months so I don't forget them when out shooting and just realised I've not checked the state of the batteries.

Volt meter read the Eagletac cells at 4.19v while the FJDs were 4.18, the temperatures of them when I brought them indoors was 3.4 degrees so they would have been at least 0 during most nights.

Lithium Ion batteries don't really like being used when cold, but storing them in the cold isn't that bad for them.

Possibly store the batteries inside the car, or possibly in an insulated box if you can?

If all else fails, try to make sure the cells have warmed up before using them :)

They're all in the TN31 flight case it comes in but they still got quite cold! I imagine the inside of the car would be equally cold as well since the boot is well carpeted while the cabin is all leather.

Maybe I'll keep them indoors but in a place I can't miss them and forget.

Also, there needs to be a foggy night! Hasn't been one since getting the TN31 :(

They're all in the TN31 flight case it comes in but they still got quite cold! I imagine the inside of the car would be equally cold as well since the boot is well carpeted while the cabin is all leather.

Maybe I'll keep them indoors but in a place I can't miss them and forget.

Also, there needs to be a foggy night! Hasn't been one since getting the TN31 :(

Never enough Foggy nights or powercuts when you're a flashaholic :(

Solar chargers do exist and work reasonably well, but the ones that can charge more than one battery or do 'em in a timely fashion are quite costly.

Can anyone recommend a particular brand / capacity of 18650 battery? I',m looking at Ultrafire 3600mA one's - 2 for £11 inc.

Some shops have them for £12 each so just wondering if I should be careful about where I buy them from etc as I don't want cheap China made copies leaking in my expensive torches.

Looking at a Fenix TK75 plus extender but will need 6 x 18650's to power it.

4 nights in Arctic conditions (-27 degrees) and the TN31 didn't even flinch. Within seconds of getting into the log cabin the body began to frost up and your finger stuck to it:

859054_10152638897390188_1088958830_o.jpg

Batteries did not need charging either and getting home tonight they read 4.03, 4.03 and 4.04v. I'm now a solid supporter for Eagletac 3400mAh cells!

Back
Top Bottom