Spec me an LED Torch

Not sure why you would want something as big and chunky as that when you could get the same if not more output from 1 x 18650 light.

such as?

edit - I have been looking at a the LED Lenser P7 and the auto focus looks very useful. Is there a version of the LED Lenser that uses AA or 18650 batteries for more output?

Last edited:
This was a very interesting post by Thrunite yesterday re topic ' Re: The Brightest Flashlight with One 18650 in the World'

we have sent the light to Selfbuilt for review. and I think we will see it very soon!

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...Flashlight-with-One-18650-in-the-World/page9&

edit - think I just need to stop being a little bitch and get the TK75 - Great review here with comparison charts for most of the big players - http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?354983

Last edited:
Simple but can get very technical

On/Off - all the way to advanced UI, LCD displays showing temp, different types of bulbs, measuring heat, light and output strength, how clean the halo or whatever it is is call...

Suppose its like an Abacus > calculator > computer

Who knows, maybe they will advance that much you can have a hand size torch that last weeks on 1 aa battery with super hgh output

Didnt someone comment that CREE LED share prices had rocketed in the past few years

my LED torch can make phone calls, listen to music and browse the internet :D

I didnt want one of those travel chargers. I got the usb charger and it works great just leaching off the USB seems to be enough. It even restored the iffy laptop batteries that have been sitting in the drawer for months. Seems to charge in 90m or so
ICR18650 Samsung - 22F SDI 1983 hopefully they are not that old :p Not sure if they are protected or anything else but they make the T6 U2 torch work fine
I dont notice any heat from the batteries charging or in use. When I was taking apart the laptop pack, they got very hot so I take that they stay cool all the time now as a good sign

The t6 torch is very good, one vid review says well over 200 lumens and I think its about similar to a 50w bulb, you can see the beam coming off it but really its throwing a lot of light out so every part of a room is visible when its on.

The torch gets hot but it has a strap so it doesnt have to held tightly. The low mode is similar, still brighter then a cree on AA and there is strobe, so I will just use these old laptop batteries as I dont need it so bright all the time

It wont sit on its tail as the button is rubber and sticks out

my LED torch can make phone calls, listen to music and browse the internet :D
This cheapy charger has its own LED light! However its for the desperate situ only as it really is the traditional led type light, my fans are brighter
press a couple buttons and its about 10 lumens bright, nifty:D

Didnt someone comment that CREE LED share prices had rocketed in the past few years
UP and down, then back up again this year. I owned them but right now they are awaiting the sales from their Cree bulbs more then the torches they hope to gain a lot of sales from conventional customers, become a household name much more then now.
I think most people are not yet aware or even in need of cree at least in their perception hence I reckon shares down again

Last edited:
The nitecore charger is brilliant. Not as high tech as the ones with digital display but it certainly looks nice enough and charges all my cells to expected voltages.

How much is the nitecore i4 v2 and sone decent 18650 batteries?
Looking at getting the Fenix tk75 soon or the new Fenix Rc40 - but its damned heavy, big and expensive

Theres one there under a fiver that fixes on a bike I think. Otherwise elastic bands, duct tape, the usual suspects. Some mount them on rifles, I guess a mount can be got separately

Apparently 40w bulb is about 450 lumens and 60w is 800 lumens if judging a torch though its directional so not comparable exactly

Last edited:
I just received a couple of these - great torch for money!
Can anyone recommend a cunning way to mount on a bike?

Theres one there under a fiver that fixes on a bike I think. Otherwise elastic bands, duct tape, the usual suspects. Some mount them on rifles, I guess a mount can be got separately

All the above plus some Sugru.

Duct tape to mount to a bike?

Is the Fenix TK75 L2 (2900 lumen 690meter thrower) available in uk stores yet? I can only see it on US stores for $199.95 - so ~£126 with free international shipping. Takes longer to arrive and may get customs charges but its £155 at cheapest in UK stores - thats for the standard TK75. RC40 sounds great but way too big and heavy

Last edited:
Seems very extreme to get this amount of light from the same part my £8 torch uses

That's because it uses three of those leds and your £8 torch might say 500lm on the box but it's probably only 300lm and has a crappy linear regulator so it's only that bright for the first 30 seconds of run time ;-)

Good flashlights are more than the led.

Back
Top Bottom