Spec me an LED Torch

Yes - that 300 lumen chinese torch that i paid £3 for isnt even as bright as my Nitecore EA4 on very low (65 lumens) even if it was 300 lumens, as above it wouldnt output that for very long.

I might just chance it and import the new model TK75 from USA

Mmmm, Shiny presents...

Realistically, Torches become of greater utility when the days grow shorter and the nights longer, which happens right around now in the year.

Should be alright for the money but a decent protected 18650 battery costs more than that. It wont be 1000 lumens either

What the hell does this mean -
Our 1000 lumina torch is brighter than the so-called 1800 lumina ones,as the illumination of civil torch with single LED can not be over 1000 lumina!
I like the way a chinese image is embedded on the page but right click is disabled :D

Yes, a load of tosh -This has a single LED - http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/olight-torches/olight-sr95-intimidator-led-torch.html
1000 lumens from 1 CREE LED archived 6 years ago - http://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...-Achieves-1-000-Lumens-from-a-Single-LED.html

I have just fully pulled the trigger...

Fenix TK75 XM-L2(U2) LED Flashlight - 2900 Lumens

http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-TK75L2/

Looks like I got the last one as its now showing out of stock

Nitecore Intellicharge i4 V2 - £21.45

Based on this thread some Fenix batteries

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?348959-Batteries-for-Fenix-TK-75

Fenix ARB-L2 2600 mAh 18650 Battery - £12.50 x 4 - £46.68

TK75L2 - £119.61
Charger - £21.45
Batteries - £46.68

Total £187.74

I got a bit of discount for batteries and torch using CPF8 code. I would have liked to get the batteries from the US fenix-store site but they didnt have any in stock and would have probably been taken by customs anyway

edit -

I was considering the TN31 and found mrk's post a few pages back again but the new upgraded LEDs *should* outthrow the TN31. Some interesting pics here

80m away

TK75
DSC01242.jpg

TN31
DSC01244.jpg

125m away and about 25m high

TK75
DSC01258.jpg

TN31
DSC01260.jpg

According to "Cree's" website the XM-L2[U2] are suppose to have 20% more output than the XM-L[U2].

Original TK-75, 2600 Lumens-max. Modes:L-18, Med.-400, High-1100, Turbo-2600
New TK-75, 2900 Lumens-max. Modes : L-25, Med.-450, High-1200, Turbo-2900

Original TK-75-Beam distance[throw]- 662 yards[606 meters],PBI[Candelas]- 92,000.
New TK-75-Beam distance[throw]- 754 yards[ 690 meters],PBI[Candelas]-119,500.

TK75-FL1-Summary.gif

Same price for both torches so it was a no brainer for me really

Last edited:
Guys, is there a reasonable way for me to convert this 2D Maglite:

27ccZ3xl.jpg

...into an LED-powered beast? By reasonable, I mean a) not prohibitively expensive and b) not prohibitively difficult.

I've got two small LED torches powered from 18650 batteries, and I fancy converting this one since they are so awesome and I assume that 2xD cells can produce a decent amount of light.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. yes, I know my desk is dirty...I have a two year old :D.

Also interested. I've got two 2D maglites... one is an old one (with Xenon upgrade bulb), and the new one is LED. The new LED one is amazeballs compared with the old incandescent, so converting it would be cool.

Guys, is there a reasonable way for me to convert this 2D Maglite...into an LED-powered beast? By reasonable, I mean a) not prohibitively expensive and b) not prohibitively difficult.

I've recently converted a 2D Maglite using a TerraLUX TLE-6EXB LED. It claims to be 140 lumens, so not a true beast of a light, but it's brought the torch into the 21st century. It fits easily and allows the torch to retain its beam focussing/spread ability, so I'm pleased with it for what it is. Just under £15 from a well known place.

I've recently converted a 2D Maglite using a TerraLUX TLE-6EXB LED. It claims to be 140 lumens, so not a true beast of a light, but it's brought the torch into the 21st century. It fits easily and allows the torch to retain its beam focussing/spread ability, so I'm pleased with it for what it is. Just under £15 from a well known place.

Cheers for that. I was hoping for brighter, but if that's the best you can get from a drop-in then I understand there's an effort / reward payoff.

Back
Top Bottom