Spec me an LED Torch

Hummm you might want order the batteries from UK. Message up on forums that Li-Ion batteries have been stopped from shipping by china post. Lots people moaning.

Yep, agree with Squid. Ive seen a few people on cpf and blf say they ordered lithiums from US / China and they were seized by customs. Most (proper) sites dont even post batteries outside their country

Asgard - you want protected 18650s. Something like Xtar, Fenix, Eagletac, Nitecore. They are around £10-15 each (more for 3400 / 3600mah)

null_zpsdb808bc0.jpg

My collection of torches from left to right:=

Olight SR95, Olight SR92, Olight SR51 (backrow)

Fenix TK75, Olight M31, Thrunite catapult V3 & Nitecore TM11

I'll have to post some beam shots when I've got some time. The two large Olight's are way overkill and i'd say the most 'handiest' torch out the lot of them is a toss up between the TK75 and the TM11.

Collecting or do you have certain uses for certain ones?

I don't really use the large Olight's, they are just for show. My everyday torch is now the TM11 as it's so handy to use.

I'd recommend the TM11 to anyone who wants to buy a quality torch but i'd not pay the full RRP for it. Rather let someone else take the hit and then pick it up cheaper on ebay when they sell it.

I've just checked and I paid £190 all in for the SR95 on ebay which is a bargain. I paid slightly more for the SR92 from flashaholics and I paid just over £100 for the SR51.

So I've saved quite a bit by watching the ebay auctions and getting lucky I guess.

I'm selling my TK75-L2 and Fenix ARB-L2 batteries.

Not too sure why I bought it really, ive only used it in the house. Must have gone a bit crackers for a few months!

Last edited:
This thread is crazy, and I love it.

Had no idea how much attention was paid to torches. I feel so ignorant.

Hehe, it's quite addictive once you get into it, plus there's batteries and chargers etc, to consider too.

All of my torches are easily justifiable purchases :D

So I need a nice budget torch, any suggestions?

There's some decent cheap torches on eBay that people in this thread have bought, less than a tenner I think and they seem well regarded.

What sort of budget are you thinking about? I'm sure someone will give you a solid recommendation shortly. :)

There's some decent cheap torches on eBay that people in this thread have bought, less than a tenner I think and they seem well regarded.

What sort of budget are you thinking about? I'm sure someone will give you a solid recommendation shortly. :)

Less than a tenner, theres a Cree torch on the rainforest which seems very popular with regard to reviews.

I like the engineering / manufacturing which has gone into making them, especially on the large Olight SR series.

I wouldn't like to guess at the amount of times I have taken torches apart just so I can put them back together again.

Don't forget a dab of the old silicone grease on the threads :D

Nice looking torches those Olight ones. Nice prices too, but again, easily justifiable. ;)

Less than a tenner, theres a Cree torch on the rainforest which seems very popular with regard to reviews.

Yeah less than a tenner for a CREE torch has got to be worth a shot. :)

Back
Top Bottom