Spec me an LED Torch

Any recommendations for a waterproof light suitable for mounting on the handlebars of my road bike? I've already got a mount, batteries and charger. Will spend up to £60/70 if it's a beast, looking for flood rather than a thrower.

I've already got a set of Ayup helmet mounted lights so this is just an extra for lighting up un-lit backroads on the way home from work.

I'm just going to get something small now, either a 1xAA / 14500 torch like the SC52 or one a bit bigger that takes a single 18650.

Does anyone know if a 18560 can be powered by 2 or 3 x AAA and if a 2x 123a can be powered on a 18650? I like the option of AA more because they are always available (and give more power than AAA)

Great little torch for the money. I also have a EA4 which is excellent. My Sky Ray King arrived and I purchased some XTAR 3200. I was expecting the high output to be way overpowered and the low useless. Couldn't have been more wrong, perfect. Highly recommended.

Lucky mines still in HK....
The ThruNite TN12 came and makes the Lenser P7(old) look like a candle.:D

I'm just going to get something small now, either a 1xAA / 14500 torch like the SC52 or one a bit bigger that takes a single 18650.

Does anyone know if a 18560 can be powered by 2 or 3 x AAA and if a 2x 123a can be powered on a 18650? I like the option of AA more because they are always available (and give more power than AAA)

AAA can be ok if they are quality. Ive seen adapters to pack 3 into the space of a 18650. Useful for EDC/smaller torches
This headlamp says it takes both http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ils?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1384627818&seller=&sr=8-2
My favourite to try would be the one that takes AAA but also 26650 because that really should be overkill

I bet its more like 200 or 400. Can always send it back if its no good, with a charger and batteries its super cheap/disposable.

I got a cree handlamp from the very start of this thread. Its still working now just about, that runs off 3xAAA, like a 20w light I would guess

Anyone got a recommendation for a torch for my mum, she wants one that can light up a distance of about 75 metres and be able to see some white electric fencing. That should be doable shouldn't it? Budget around £30.

Prefeably rechargeable and with an okay run time. Doesn't need to be particularly small, she uses a big lantern type bulb thing at the moment.

Cheers. :)

I think it's time to check out something new, just spotted the Nitecore MH25:

http://www.nitecore.co.uk/Shop/Products/MH-Series/12345-Nitecore-MH25.html

What do you guys think? Up to 28hours run time according to the spec but it has a USB port for charging and by the looks of it you can user define brightness modes as well which would be brilliant.

I'm still keeping the TN31 but could end up selling the C8 and SolarForce if I got the MH25.

I think it's time to check out something new, just spotted the Nitecore MH25:

http://www.nitecore.co.uk/Shop/Products/MH-Series/12345-Nitecore-MH25.html

What do you guys think? Up to 28hours run time according to the spec but it has a USB port for charging and by the looks of it you can user define brightness modes as well which would be brilliant.

I'm still keeping the TN31 but could end up selling the C8 and SolarForce if I got the MH25.

I dont get it...

Turbo – 860 lumens: 1 hour 45 minute runtime
High – 320 lumens: 3 hour 15 minute runtime
Mid: 130 lumens: 8.5 hour runtime
Low: 40 lumens: 22 hour runtime

'Maximum runtime of up to 28 hours'

'User-defined mode provides customized brightness levels plus strobe and SOS modes.'

I would like to set a user defined level of 1 lumen, possible?

Not totally sure there lol, not much in the way of reviews, maybe I should ask them for a review sample...

I love the idea of charging via USB. I have a 9000mAh power bank that has a 2.5A output so could charge the torch out in the open and not need to pack a charger with me for when I'm back in the car or hotel etc.

Edit*
Forget that, seen a video review and the mode switch from Turbo to user defined is to twist the head - Don't like that.

Ordering this instead at the discounted price:
http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=RB&s=53&id=574

The L2 host will live on!

Last edited:
Is a Cree torch that takes two 18650 batteries working at 3.7v x2 - ie 7.4v - if so can you use two of those AAA battery holders that take three 1.5v batteries each ie- 4.5v x2 =9v or am I reading it wrong.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom