Spec me an LED Torch

In that case I'm sure it'll work like a champ :D

I like Nitecore lights although their modern ones are a little plain compared to the lights they used to make.

The cheap chinese ones come with dirty lenses, sometimes scratches which look quite bad. The finish is worn off in places.

The 3x xml T6 arrived non working, it had come loose at some point I think. Messing round with the tail cap got it operational again.

The sanyo batteries were showing as zero charge and the tronic charger said they were now dead. I guess thats a bad charger not the batteries fault, but after 6 tries it accepted them, then in a minute said they were nearly full

Yeah ppl would think these cheap Chinese torches would be not much good but I been browsing the net and apparently there's a lot of fakes about, and Im guessing if you manage to get a genuine ultrafire torch, you will be more then happy with it, as people are amazed with these torches from what Ive seen and read. I am not having high hopes mine will be a genuine ultrafire C8 when it arrived, but Im crossing everything.

Its like these ultra fire batteries that are exploding, I wouldn't be surprised if they are fake, as everything is fake nowadays. Im not 100% sure that even my AW batteries are real:eek::mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko25nYDAJvg

Last edited:
Yeah ppl would think these cheap Chinese torches would be not much good but I been browsing the net and apparently there's a lot of fakes about, and Im guessing if you manage to get a genuine ultrafire torch, you will be more then happy with it, as people are amazed with these torches from what Ive seen and read. I am not having high hopes mine will be a genuine ultrafire C8 when it arrived, but Im crossing everything.

Its like these ultra fire batteries that are exploding, I wouldn't be surprised if they are fake, as everything is fake nowadays. Im not 100% sure that even my AW batteries are real:eek::mad:

My torch looks exactly like the small one on the left in the video with the red button. Only thing is it didn't come with a yellow warning sticker on it.

plastic glass over the reflector seems to be the main give away that you have a fake ultrafire, as it should be glass and scratch resistance. So I would say that your 3x xml T6 was deffo a fake silversurfer.

Its just terrible, you buy stuff and you expect the things to be real FFS. With the ultrafire batts that explode Im guessing they are the fake ones, I think this is terrible as it puts ultrafire in a bad light and they could even cause death.. Dam you, you FAKE people. Like I have no idea if my AW 18650 battery is fake and that could explode if it is, as there dam powerful batteries and you dont want a fake..

I think this is what the genuine batt looks like..........
dsc_0703-500x500.jpg

There's only 2 diff between that and mine, that is the "RoHS", mine is all in capitals and theres no dimple things on the positive connection

edit,, Ive found a pic of what my batt looks like guys.......
18650_AW_(1_of_1).jpg

Last edited:
I have just bought a couple of little 14500 torches with a set of Ultrafire 14500 900ma protected(Grey) cells from FT. After looking around there's been a few reports of these exploding.
Is there any way to check if the batteries I get are real? and are there any other 14500 batteries that you guys can recommend and where do I get them from? I've tried searching for Panasonic and Sanyo 14500s but all the sites with them on don't look very reputable.

I am using a Nitecore I4 v2 charger, I wonder if they popped because the chargers people were using weren't particularly good.

I have just bought a couple of little 14500 torches with a set of Ultrafire 14500 900ma protected(Grey) cells from FT. After looking around there's been a few reports of these exploding.
Is there any way to check if the batteries I get are real? and are there any other 14500 batteries that you guys can recommend and where do I get them from? I've tried searching for Panasonic and Sanyo 14500s but all the sites with them on don't look very reputable.

I am using a Nitecore I4 v2 charger, I wonder if they popped because the chargers people were using weren't particularly good.

plastic glass over the reflector seems to be the main give away that you have a fake ultrafire, as it should be glass and scratch resistance. So I would say that your 3x xml T6 was deffo a fake silversurfer.

There aren't really "fake" Ultrafire lights. Ultrafire is the brand that a "design" company in China uses for its lights, and then gives production orders to a myriad of factories in China. Different factories interpret the blueprints differently, using different materials, drivers and so on. The lights are all "Ultrafire", but it just means that two "Ultrafire" lights can be completely different if they came from different factories.

This is pretty much true of all the Chinese "Super-duper-mega-fire" brand lights, if you want consistency you have a to pay a little more for something with an actual "brand" name on it like Fenix or Nitecore etc.

If you want actual repeatable consistency for bargain-basement prices, ditch the Ultrafire nonsense and look into some Solarforce lights;
http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/

Personally I think the Z1 and Z2 lights are pretty fantastic for the price;
http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product.php?sname=&s=45&t=LF

The nitpicky CPFers say that they're pretty good but have "audible" PWM whine on modes other than high. Seeing as I've only ever used a couple of flashlights that don't have slight PWM whine, I suspect that they'll be just fine :D

I almost wish my expensive 47's Quark Tactical was PWM controlled as it flickers in low mode due to the design of the constant-current circuit :(

If you want actual repeatable consistency for bargain-basement prices, ditch the Ultrafire nonsense and look into some Solarforce lights;
http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/

Personally I think the Z1 and Z2 lights are pretty fantastic for the price;
http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product.php?sname=&s=45&t=LF

They do look quite good, but Im after one with quite a large head, so more of a flood fill. So yeah I think I will go for a diff brand if im not happy with the ultrafire, thats if I ever receive it

I would have thought all ultra fires would use glass instead of plastic covering the reflector, and decent materials, not cheap tat, like its a fake ultrafire? People has even been receiving them with plastic bodies:eek:

They do look quite good, but Im after one with quite a large head, so more of a flood fill. So yeah I think I will go for a diff brand if im not happy with the ultrafire, thats if I ever receive it

I would have thought all ultra fires would use glass instead of plastic covering the reflector, and decent materials, not cheap tat, like its a fake ultrafire? People has even been receiving them with plastic bodies:eek:

Ultrafire lights are cheap tat :p

Larger heads give a tighter, less floody beam. If you want a floody wide swathe of light then you want one with a small head.

Back
Top Bottom