Spec me an LED Torch

I've decided to buy a "half decent" torch and have narrowed my choice down to either a fenix pd35 or a nitecore p12. Can anyone recommend the best place to buy either of these for the best price. I've looked at eBay but worried about cheap Chinese copies.

I bought an LED conversion for my AA mag ages ago, and it burns through batteries in minutes (terralux) and seems to behave oddly when it does have power.
I wasn't impressed with mine (4D conversion)

Far less output that a bog standard chinese XML, and it stopped working after hardly any use.
Eventually I'll replace it with a DX driver and an underdriven XML

Dropped my Led Lenser T7 off the top of a generator the other day. No visible damage on the outside, but it only lights up very dimly, briefly flickering to full brightness when you tap it. I'll try to get spares for it when I get back if I can, or if they don't pretty much come to the cost of a new one.

In the meantime, I bought a generic rechargeable LED torch for $10 in Dalian, China, which is surprisingly good. Still, given the build quality though, I don't see it lasting.

I dropped a cheap one and it broke the welds on the circuit and similarly it makes it high resistance, low light I think

For contrast i jacked my car down on a Fenix PD30 for about 45 minutes in lashing rain without realising once.

Went outside to find it and there it was in the centre of the tyre submersed.

Had a teeny surface scratch and still works fine a 4 years down the line

Can anyone recommend some good 18650s?

I got a nice little torch which I'm really happy with but went with a couple of cheap 18650s for the time being, although I have only charged them once so far I'm pretty sure they're very fake and very crap.

Preferably available with amazon prime :)

Couldn't sleep, the thought of a new torch for the next Urbex trip crossed my mind then one thing lead to another and I've ordered a replacement for my trusty L2:

L2T.jpg

Maybe this new drop-in will act as middle ground for the times I don't want to lug around the TN31.... Will see :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom