Spec me an LED Torch

Can anyone recommend a good bike torch mount that will work with a Fenix TK12? I have one of the rubber ones that velcro into place, but they keep coming loose when riding off road.

I would also be interested if anyone knows of a better option the the little Twofish Lockblocks velcro thingy, I have a Fenix PD35 on mine which is hardly a big heavy torch and it doesn't stay level for more than a few mins at a time even when riding on the road.

Dave

The switch only controls on/off, the mode-switching is done by a chip in the driver circuit.

You could try opening the head/driver and seeing if the chip (should be an 8-pin SOIC) has lost the magic smoke or is properly soldered to the board.

The switch only controls on/off, the mode-switching is done by a chip in the driver circuit.

You could try opening the head/driver and seeing if the chip (should be an 8-pin SOIC) has lost the magic smoke or is properly soldered to the board.

No idea what you just said :p

GearBest want nothing to do with it, not buying anything from there again.

Ah, the HK/China retailers will only give a damn if the item's totally dead on arrival.

I guess that's the price you pay for getting the stuff so cheap :(

The Xtar costs more but is the better torch. LED Lensers are overpriced for what they are IMO.

I got the 900 lumen polished stainless steel SolarForce L2 for less than the Lenser! Just keep an eye on the official store for great deals.

I have the P7.2 and it's a lovely torch, the manufacturing quality is fantastic, it feels like an expensive torch that will last a lifetime. In a sense it's a bit like the iPhone of the torch world, you'll get cheaper better performance torches but they won't have the same level of polish to them.

There are lots of torches that are built just as well, if not better and for less money with greater performance. Many have been posted in this thread.

Looks like my Thrunite TN31 is broken :(. I have only used it a handful of times and just went to use it and it dimmed down to the lowest setting straight away with a horrible smell. I assumed it was a duff battery as one of them was reading 0.00 on my volt meter. So tried another 3 batteries that were all reading 4.10 ish, same thing happened and now one of them batteries is also reading 0.00 :confused:.

So is my £80 torch that was used a couple of times knackers along with 2 of my 18650 cells? I think i'll be sticking to a decent make like Fenix from now on. These cheapo torches are useless.

The TN31 is hardly a cheap torch though! For the record I used mine out in the middle of nowhere in Finland, in -32 degree temps, crawling in caves and other places and it hadn't skipped a beat!

I think your cells may have gone duff, try 3 new cells and see if that sorts it. Sounds like your protection circuits in the cells may have gone faulty or simply tripped.

Also did you check the battery holder cage thing? Both metal ends could be causing a dodgy connection. Try cleaning them with metal cleaner.

Yeah I guess cheapo wasnt the right word, but compared to an equivalent Fenix they are a lot less money and with good reason. I got a small 1xAA Trunight torch free with this TN31 and that died within a few days :rolleyes:. And yes I tried a few different AA batteries, it would just flicker and then go off. I was hoping the TN31 would fare a little better but now this seems to be dead after being used a few times.

Tried 3 x keep power 3100mah cells and 3 x ultrafire cells. I am reluctant to buy another 3 cells to test whether its the cells or not. I cant see 2 sets being faulty. Gah, really didnt need this right now as I am saving for a lens :(.

Back
Top Bottom