Spec me an LED Torch

Sure did.
Good stuff :D
icon14.gif

My Nailbender single XP-G HCRI gets noticeably hot after five minutes, also potted and shimmed.

I suppose two mildly driven CW XP-Gs are considerably more efficient than a single overdriven WW-HCRI XP-G, and thus much less waste heat.

damn, ITP is no more.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...ments-from-Olight-i1-i2-i3-EOS-amp-i6-Paladin
...and there's no AA powered A6 replacement :(

Interesting. i had wondered why the iTP lines hadn't been refreshed recently.
The I2 (A2 replacement) looks nice! XP-G and a better clip design :)

hopefully they'll make titanium ones too :D

Last edited:
Got my nailbender dropin today. fast turnaround, considering it came from the US :).

I wish I had gone for the cool white now, but its better than purple :D.

The front of the reflector was not flat at all, does this matter? it'll just be touching the glass at 1 point as the was a mile out. Quite surprised about that as the one I got with the ultrafire dropin was perfectly flat.

Also I shimmed the torch using aluminium, with thermal compound in between. The new dropin is very tight in the housing, so will this be a better solution that using the copper foil tape?

DSC_1598.jpg

Also, I've noticed there is still a slight tint around the edge of the beam. Could this be due to the lens? Any recommendation of a decent lens to replace the stock Solarforce L2T one?

Last edited:
I gave my dad my torch to use at work, the batteries have died. Any recommendations for replacements? Where can I buy them? Found trustfire ones on ebay for £6.

They are 16340 type.

Thanks

Got my nailbender dropin today. fast turnaround, considering it came from the US :).

I wish I had gone for the cool white now, but its better than purple :D.

The front of the reflector was not flat at all, does this matter? it'll just be touching the glass at 1 point as the was a mile out. Quite surprised about that as the one I got with the ultrafire dropin was perfectly flat.

Also I shimmed the torch using aluminium, with thermal compound in between. The new dropin is very tight in the housing, so will this be a better solution that using the copper foil tape?

DSC_1598.jpg

Also, I've noticed there is still a slight tint around the edge of the beam. Could this be due to the lens? Any recommendation of a decent lens to replace the stock Solarforce L2T one?

I use the Manafont one that came with my XM-L from there on the L2 as the stock L2 one was a bit fringed/tinted at the very edge. The manafont one is more focused but the spot is superb and smooth unlike the stock Solarforce one.

Any recommendations for a decent torch under £20? Would be used by hand for unlit tracks, but don't want anything that I can't put in my jacket pocket!

The XML-T6 looks good, but I'd have preferred to be able to focus the light. The Cree Q5 looks ok, but I'm not convinced it's bright enough.

Back
Top Bottom