Spec me an LED Torch

Got my knockoff Solarforce torch today. The MC-E dropin is absolute rubbish. The centre spot is a doughnut, the beam is bright yellow and its not very bright at all. Removed it straight away and put my Manafont XML dropin into it.

Build quality seems decent enough. The threads look very similar to the Solarforce and the head is interchangeable with the real Solarforce, but the tail cap isn't. The rubber seals don't seem as tight and i'd be worried about using an expensive dropin with this tbh. Maybe they just need a bit of silicone grease. I might try it under water with the crappy MC-E dropin later :D.

DSC_2129.jpg

what is the situation ordering from manafont......do you get stung for import tax?

am thinking of ordering one of these

ultrafire-uf980l
Personal Import allowance is £18, £36 if they tick the "gift" box which allows you to skip paying Import Duty but not VAT.

It's highly unlikely you're going to get charged on such a low-value item anyway.

No, they usually put the price lower than it is and tick the 'gift' box. I have never been stung and have ordered loads of stuff from HK.

the only times i usually get charged on stuff from HK is when it's expensive stuff like an entire airsoft order or something like that.

The only flashlight part i got charged for was from the States and the total order value was $70, so i had to pay £6 VAT+Duty and then the £13 Royal-mail-rape-fee as well :(

^^^ thanks for info re manafont. for some reason i had in my mind they were based in usa.

have ordered (for those interested)

ultrafire-uf980l-980lumen-t6-memory-led-flashlight

ultrafire-mcuc9s-r5-cree-285lumen-3mode-flashlight AA/14500

also a pair of protected trustfire 14500 and 18650 batteries and an xtar wp2 charge have been ordered.

I often work at night and look forward to the opportunity of using these. The smaller of the 2 will be attached permanently to my key ring whereas the larger torch will remain in van for emergency use.

^^^ thanks for info re manafont. for some reason i had in my mind they were based in usa.

have ordered (for those interested)

ultrafire-uf980l-980lumen-t6-memory-led-flashlight

ultrafire-mcuc9s-r5-cree-285lumen-3mode-flashlight AA/14500

also a pair of protected trustfire 14500 and 18650 batteries and an xtar wp2 charge have been ordered.

I often work at night and look forward to the opportunity of using these. The smaller of the 2 will be attached permanently to my key ring whereas the larger torch will remain in van for emergency use.

nice! post pictures when they arrive :) :D

Did you get the Old Xtar WP2 or the new one? the new one has some new and useful features, Adjustable charge current (500mA or 1A) as well as the ability to charge USB devices from a battery.

Last edited:
nice! post pictures when they arrive :) :D

Did you get the Old Xtar WP2 or the new one? the new one has some new and useful features, Adjustable charge current (500mA or 1A) as well as the ability to charge USB devices from a battery.

manafont only stock the older version, though i am waiting to confirm they will supply a uk adaptor.

if this is not the case then i will source a wp2 mk2 seperatley...one with an optional 12v car adaptor would be nice.

and yes will post some pics when they arrive.

I have lots of torches at the moment... i've spent faaaar too much money on these damn things:

oXj8w.jpg.png

dlPra.jpg.png

rx7mW.jpg.png

tSg6l.jpg.png

gYRMj.jpg.png

E0QoD.jpg.png

iEX5Z.jpg.png

T0rr0.jpg.png

6gDbF.jpg.png

Feel free to ask about any of them :)

My C8 is still going strong!

Funny story though, I went to clean the reflector on the L2 the toher day and used Autoglym's Super Resin Polish which use on my car to give a deep gloss and remove any fine scratches etc. Worked fine but as soon as I used it on the C8 reflector the reflector just turned black!

I thought it was aluminium but turns out is was plastic!

I've since ordered an aluminium one off Manafont for a couple of £.

My C8 is still going strong!

Funny story though, I went to clean the reflector on the L2 the toher day and used Autoglym's Super Resin Polish which use on my car to give a deep gloss and remove any fine scratches etc. Worked fine but as soon as I used it on the C8 reflector the reflector just turned black!

I thought it was aluminium but turns out is was plastic!

I've since ordered an aluminium one off Manafont for a couple of £.

Ooops :p
You will probably be interested to hear that in the interests of maximum output you should never touch the reflectors with anything. They're made by depositing aluminium vapour directly onto the substrate, and the lightest touch (even cotton wool) will scratch the finish reducing overall output.

Any beam shots Aod?

I'm still waiting on my programmable flashlight from kickstarter, I posted it a few months back - I hope to get it this side of Christmas, it does look like it will be pretty awesome though :D

Any beam shots Aod?

I'm still waiting on my programmable flashlight from kickstarter, I posted it a few months back - I hope to get it this side of Christmas, it does look like it will be pretty awesome though :D

Yup, I have a Flex and a Prime coming. From his last post I think we'll be lucky to see them this side of christmas. Doesn't look like manufacturing has started yet :(

Any beam shots Aod?

any requests? :D

Lights i can beamshot;
Surefire C2 with HCRI XP-G
Surefire E2E with Neutral-white XP-G
Surefire A2
Surefire L6
Solarforce L2P with cheap'n'nasty XR-E R2 dropin
Solarforce L2P with super-floody XM-L
Solarforce L2 with Surefire P60 Lamp-Assembly
Romisen RC-F4
Maratac AAA-Cu
Pentagonlight Molle
HTC Desire-Z :p

Last edited:
any requests? :D

Lights i can beamshot;
Surefire C2 with HCRI XP-G
Surefire E2E with Neutral-white XP-G
Surefire A2
Surefire L6
Solarforce L2P with cheap'n'nasty XR-E R2 dropin
Solarforce L2P with super-floody XM-L
Solarforce L2 with Surefire P60 Lamp-Assembly
Romisen RC-F4
Maratac AAA-Cu
Pentagonlight Molle
HTC Desire-Z :p

What's the model of the right angled torch in the last pic?

Back
Top Bottom